13th Doctor Image/Costume

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

Thewireishungry

13th Doctor Image/Costume

Postby Thewireishungry » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:49 am

Hi All, I'm really hoping the BBC don't go for some sort of cheesy tone when portraying 13, I found this image of an outfit concept that I think is perfect. Neutral, powerful and trust instilling...
Attachments
jodie_whittaker_concept_costume_by_xisco_lozdob-dbh6fjy.png
jodie_whittaker_concept_costume_by_xisco_lozdob-dbh6fjy.png (241.05 KiB) Viewed 2648 times

CaptainJimiPie

13th Doctor Costume Ideas

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Damn, I was really hoping we'd finally gotten an official image :cry:

But I do agree that a nice simple outfit like that would work well ALTHOUGH that being, coat wise, I think something similar to The Sixth Doctor "Thirteen Doctors" boxset coat would be good!

Mismatched patchwork patterning BUT in one single colour of various tones!

Valeyard

Re: 13th Doctor Image/Costume

Postby Valeyard » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:07 pm

Coincidentially, they've just revealed the costume. Thoughts?
https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWho/post ... 1289349887

~Valeyard

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:12 pm

DOMUOWAVoAArDoS.jpeg
DOMUOWAVoAArDoS.jpeg (81.46 KiB) Viewed 2634 times

I quite like it, looks a bit Mccoy/Colin Baker. It will probably evolve in some way over time, like previous doctors. The TARDIS looks nice, too. It's not quite the classic thin look I wanted but it's probably the nicest new series one so far.

ANewWatchBegins

Postby ANewWatchBegins » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:28 pm

I'm so here for this. The costume looks great, and I'm loving the classic TARDIS.

bad geminton

Postby bad geminton » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:33 pm

Those trousers are just the worst length. If you're going to have as little leg on show as that, there's no point in having any leg on show. And the tshirt/braces look like steve urkel and mork sharing fashion tips. Not mad keen on the outfit.
Don't worry, I'm not stopping here long...

Thewireishungry

Postby Thewireishungry » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:46 pm

Tardis looks great. But that is it. The doctor should be dark, mysterious AND trusting! She looks like a CBBC presenter from the 90's. Very disappointing. Inelegant, and just slightly obnoxious and irritating. Something strong, deep and powerful, such as the Burgundy and black outfit listed at the top of the thread would be perfect. For goodness sake...

Vortexsurfer

Postby Vortexsurfer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:51 pm

It doesn't strike me as very 'doctor-ish'. The braces give a hint of Patrick Troughton but the coat is far too modern. The outfit in her intro trailer was much more appropriate.

DukeNukem 2417

Postby DukeNukem 2417 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:10 pm

I don't have a problem with it---it brings to mind the youthful enthusiasm of the Fifth Doctor, the colorful look of the Sixth Doctor (albeit in a FAR more restrained way), the "space tramp/hobo" look of the Second Doctor (the pants and bracers).....it's a definite departure from the norm, but a welcome change from ties and such (not that there's anything wrong with ties :P ).
Through the darkness of future past,
The magician longs to see....
One chants out between two worlds:
"Fire...walk with me."

Vortexsurfer

Postby Vortexsurfer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:20 pm

DukeNukem 2417 wrote:I don't have a problem with it---it brings to mind the youthful enthusiasm of the Fifth Doctor, the colorful look of the Sixth Doctor (albeit in a FAR more restrained way), the "space tramp/hobo" look of the Second Doctor (the pants and bracers).....it's a definite departure from the norm, but a welcome change from ties and such (not that there's anything wrong with ties :P ).

That's true it does have some of the youthful aspect of the Fifth Doctor, but even then the cut of the coat was straight from the Edwardian era. I guess it's just a sudden change in approach after Missy, where the dark Mary Poppins look was still very in keeping with what had gone before.

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”