13th Doctor Image/Costume

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

CaptainJimiPie

Re: 13th Doctor Image/Costume

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:24 pm

I think what's off for me about the outfit is that it's a little bit "child like", but that being said, it's good that it's not overly complex and I think there will be great variations on her outfit which I throughly look forward to seeing!

idontremembermylogin

Postby idontremembermylogin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:39 pm

I think I'd prefer a more formal look as the Doctor. I have to admit I that it is a nice costume but I think it suits more of what a companion would wear than what the Doctor would wear. I'm just not too sure what to think.

TARDIS looks pretty cool though - I can get used to that.
Yes you're right, they don't even sell Doctor Who figures in Dubai.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Urgh

TARDIS looks great though

TW.
11 years of Doctor Who figures!

The Empty Child

Postby The Empty Child » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:56 pm

What the f*** is that? I'll admit the coat is great, but I genuinely prefer Colin Baker's coat to the rest of it.

speckleness

Postby speckleness » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Personally, just a couple of minor tweaks makes it more bearable.

JW.png
JW.png (215.06 KiB) Viewed 286 times

Excuse my p-poor paint skills. :mrgreen:

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:46 pm

I don’t hate it...but I don’t particularly like it at all either. I really like the idea the costume represents, but I feel like they haven’t done justice to that idea. She looks like a child. I don’t mind quirky and even wanted a quirky costume because I was bored of the same old modern and dull clothes. But this seems to go too far. Though you could say Colin Baker’s is worse, though I have come to love his costume. It’s not so much the quirkiness because I wanted that, but it’s the fact that it’s such an informal costume that it could literally be anyone other than the Doctor. People will be thinking that they’re making a U.K. version of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

I actually like the braces and trousers a lot, it’s just I’m not a fan of the fact it shows a random bit of leg that just looks plain stupid. If she at least has some long socks or something that cover it up then maybe I’ll be fine with it. Then there’s the coat, I like it, but I wish it didn’t have a hood, I’d rather it was a more formal frock coat. And then the worst offender is the top because it’s the centre of the whole costume, again it’s just too informal and child-like and I don’t really like the rainbow.

Worst part about it is that there’s going to be all these people screeching about the Doctor being a Lesbian now (not quite sure that’s how Time Lord sexuality works) and making her out to be some godly progressive symbol. And also the people saying they don’t like the costume will be bombarded by people saying they’re misogynists.

I’m just hoping the costume has some sort of variation that will appease me as she'll probably only wear this exact variation of it very briefly. I mean, didn’t Capaldi only wear the cardigan in Deep Breath and Into the Dalek?
Member since July 2013

speckleness

Postby speckleness » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:56 pm

I've never seen a child dressed like that. As has been mentioned, the rainbow and yellow braces are straight out of the CBeebies channel (a channel for pre and early schoolers for our American buddies).

Or even worse - one of those kids improv workshops that patronise rather than entertain. I really hope it evolves quickly.

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:08 pm

speckleness wrote:I've never seen a child dressed like that. As has been mentioned, the rainbow and yellow braces are straight out of the CBeebies channel (a channel for pre and early schoolers for our American buddies).

Or even worse - one of those kids improv workshops that patronise rather than entertain. I really hope it evolves quickly.

Obviously children don’t actually dress like that, but it’s the stereotypical sort of look for what an innocent child might wear, which I feel just degraded the character of the Doctor and pretty much removes a lot of her authority. I do love the braces and trousers to be honest, they’re pretty Doctory, it’s just the length I’m not a fan of. I can get over the coat, I’m sure but I really hope that they move on from the rainbow shirt pretty quickly.
Member since July 2013

speckleness

Postby speckleness » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Maybe the trousers are Troughton originals. The wee fella would've fitted them ok. :twisted:

The rainbow has to go. It feels like more 'in your face' agenda pushing.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:37 pm

speckleness wrote:Maybe the trousers are Troughton originals. The wee fella would've fitted them ok. :twisted:

The rainbow has to go. It feels like more 'in your face' agenda pushing.

I don't think the rainbow is agenda pushing at all. I think it's just a design that looks quite nice. My first though was it looks a little like Tom's scarf pattern.

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”