Big Finish Audios

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

Galactic yo yo

Re: Big Finish Audios

Postby Galactic yo yo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:47 pm

Vortexsurfer wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:With the exception of Cold Fusion, which I already have, What is the General consensus on the Novel Adaptations?

Personally I found them a mixed bag. Cold Fusion was my favourite.
Love and War is also very, very good and is a must if you have any interest in Bernice Summerfield (I didn't bother with her for a long while and that was a mistake).
Some interesting turns in Theatre of War.
Original Sin and The Highest Science I found a bit bland.
Romance of Crime and The English Way of Death are solid stories but not very memorable after the fact. The later 4th Doctor and Romana II stories by Big Finish are stronger.

Cheers planning to get most of them, but not all at once, how would you rate them, from best to worst so I know what order to them in.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Vortexsurfer

Postby Vortexsurfer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:50 am

Galactic yo yo wrote:Cheers planning to get most of them, but not all at once, how would you rate them, from best to worst so I know what order to them in.

Cold Fusion
Love and War
Romance of Crime
Theatre of War
English Way of Death
The Highest Science
Original Sin

I still need to hear Damaged Goods

Valeyard

Postby Valeyard » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:54 am

Big Finish are doing a four day Black Friday sale like last year. Doesn’t seem to be much on offer, already own a lot of the stuff they’ve put up today. But if you want some cheap audios from the Main Range, Churchill Years or Bernice Summerfield, get them now.

~Valeyard

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:58 pm

Valeyard wrote:Big Finish are doing a four day Black Friday sale like last year. Doesn’t seem to be much on offer, already own a lot of the stuff they’ve put up today. But if you want some cheap audios from the Main Range, Churchill Years or Bernice Summerfield, get them now.

~Valeyard

I’m hoping that when the day comes, they put up the Sontarans and Ice Warriors Lost Stories as they’re supposed to be really good.
Member since July 2013

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:35 pm

Started off 10th Doctor Volume 2 today with Infamy of the Zaross. Really enjoyed it, it feels like it could have been in series 2 but at the same time has its own feel to it.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:14 pm

According to Danny John Jules and Hattie Hayridge, Doug Naylor and Nick Briggs are in talks about doing Red Dwarf audios and possibly a Doctor Who crossover.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Vortexsurfer

Postby Vortexsurfer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:According to Danny John Jules and Hattie Hayridge, Doug Naylor and Nick Briggs are in talks about doing Red Dwarf audios and possibly a Doctor Who crossover.

That's very curious. A letter was written into Vortex a few issues ago asking if Big Finish ever considered doing Red Dwarf and the reply was that they had approached Naylor several times and he wasn't interested...

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Vortexsurfer wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:According to Danny John Jules and Hattie Hayridge, Doug Naylor and Nick Briggs are in talks about doing Red Dwarf audios and possibly a Doctor Who crossover.

That's very curious. A letter was written into Vortex a few issues ago asking if Big Finish ever considered doing Red Dwarf and the reply was that they had approached Naylor several times and he wasn't interested...

It depends when they actually asked about it I suppose. I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised if they asked when it was off air or after the 2009 special and it was declined because there was plans to bring it back. Now that it’s sort of consistently airing, I really wouldn’t be that surprised if he said yes.
Member since July 2013

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Really enjoying Mary Shelley as a companion, Sad she doesn't have that many stories, hopefully they'll go back to her and 8 in the future as part of the monthly range. Trying to figure out who I prefer, Mary or Charley.

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:42 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:Really enjoying Mary Shelley as a companion, Sad she doesn't have that many stories, hopefully they'll go back to her and 8 in the future as part of the monthly range. Trying to figure out who I prefer, Mary or Charley.

I definitely prefer Mary, though I’ve only heard the first two of her four stories so far. I’m not a massive Charley fan, but I haven’t made it past Scherzo with her yet.

Overall I prefer Liv to be honest. I also wouldn’t mind more of Tamsin, though some would call treason for me saying that.
Member since July 2013

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”