Big Finish Audios

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

SarahJaneFan

Re: Big Finish Audios

Postby SarahJaneFan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:03 am

Doctor909 wrote:
SarahJaneFan wrote:
I hate how they’re mercilessly teasingly is about the announcement of the next series. I’ve been waiting since bloody July or whenever they announced that Rakhee Thakrar was playing Bliss. They’re just trolling me at this point.

It’s taken the them ages to announce this. Not gonna lie I thought this was going to be announced about a week after Time War 1 got released but at this rate I don’t think we’ll get concrete news until the New Year -hopefully I’m wrong because I’d pre-order the whole series when it’s up!

Here’s a question though:
Do you think we might see Sheena in possibly (if they do it like Dark Eyes and Doom Coalition) the fourth box set and maybe even the departure of Liv and/or Helen?
Personally I’d like to keep this Tardis team for a long as possible but Big Finish might want to move on.

I highly doubt we’ll ever see Sheena again as she’s been erased from the Timeline. As far as the Doctor knows, she never existed. Chances are, we’ll just get a different new companion after Liv and Helen leave.
Member since July 2013

Doctor909

Postby Doctor909 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:59 am

SarahJaneFan wrote:
I highly doubt we’ll ever see Sheena again as she’s been erased from the Timeline. As far as the Doctor knows, she never existed. Chances are, we’ll just get a different new companion after Liv and Helen leave.

I suppose it all depends on whether Big Finish see a potential story to be told there. Personally I wouldn’t mind seeingg her as for the 30/40 mins we had her for she made a pretty good impression and seems like a good companion
Currently writing for "Project Whovian" and the all new unofficial SJA Spin-off "Subwave". If you're looking for a writer, please DM as I'm happy to help!

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:17 am

Doctor909 wrote:
SarahJaneFan wrote:

I suppose it all depends on whether Big Finish see a potential story to be told there. Personally I wouldn’t mind seeingg her as for the 30/40 mins we had her for she made a pretty good impression and seems like a good companion

She was pretty much the common template for a modern companion though, and John Dorney even said he wrote her as such because she was only meant to be used for the one episode, which makes her a bit less interesting, especially when you have Helen and Liv who aren’t generic feisty working class women.
Member since July 2013

Doctor909

Postby Doctor909 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:15 am

SarahJaneFan wrote:
She was pretty much the common template for a modern companion though, and John Dorney even said he wrote her as such because she was only meant to be used for the one episode, which makes her a bit less interesting, especially when you have Helen and Liv who aren’t generic feisty working class women.

True. Maybe it’s best to keep her as a one off. Whilst she was good I do still prefer Helen and Liv -those three together are (and I know I’ve said this too many times before) probably the best though I hope they don’t ruin it with Helen now having “powers” or something odd after Doom Coalition 4
Currently writing for "Project Whovian" and the all new unofficial SJA Spin-off "Subwave". If you're looking for a writer, please DM as I'm happy to help!

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:08 pm

Doctor909 wrote:
SarahJaneFan wrote:

True. Maybe it’s best to keep her as a one off. Whilst she was good I do still prefer Helen and Liv -those three together are (and I know I’ve said this too many times before) probably the best though I hope they don’t ruin it with Helen now having “powers” or something odd after Doom Coalition 4

I doubt she will but who knows? They gave Gabby powers in the Titan Comics. To be honest, I have a feeling Liv and Helen may not last beyond the next series of boxsets as Liv will have had more stories than Charley and Lucie did by then, I have a feeling they’ll be moving on to something new.
Member since July 2013

Doctor909

Postby Doctor909 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:42 pm

Announced in this week’s podcast:
8th Doctor Adevntures Doom Coalition Follow Up has finally been announced it shall be called Ravenous and will see the 8th Doctor, Liv and Helen. Apparently we’ll find out what has happened to Helen and the Eleven and I believe I heard Churchill in the trailer! We’ll also see a TV alien who hasn’t yet appeared in audio form (start your guesses!) You can find the trailer at 11:56

Also a trailer for Tales From New Earth at 18:24 and some other little bits of information.

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:52 pm

Doctor909 wrote:Announced in this week’s podcast:
8th Doctor Adevntures Doom Coalition Follow Up has finally been announced it shall be called Ravenous and will see the 8th Doctor, Liv and Helen. Apparently we’ll find out what has happened to Helen and the Eleven and I believe I heard Churchill in the trailer! We’ll also see a TV alien who hasn’t yet appeared in audio form (start your guesses!) You can find the trailer at 11:56

Also a trailer for Tales From New Earth at 18:24 and some other little bits of information.

It’s the Kandyman. I’m not even kidding. :lol:

That is unless it’s all a joke.
Member since July 2013

Doctor909

Postby Doctor909 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:30 pm

SarahJaneFan wrote:
Doctor909 wrote:Announced in this week’s podcast:

It’s the Kandyman. I’m not even kidding. :lol:

Right you’re going to have to explain how you got to that :lol:

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:49 pm

Wait a mo, assuming there will be four of these box sets, will they be called Ravenous 1, Ravenous 2, etc? That sounds even stranger than Doom Coalition...

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:53 am

SarahJaneFan wrote:It’s the Kandyman. I’m not even kidding. :lol:

If that is true, then that is amazing. I really hope this is true. PLEASE BE TRUE!!!

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”