Big Finish Audios

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

SarahJaneFan

Re: Class is back - and so is Ace!

Postby SarahJaneFan » Mon May 28, 2018 4:33 pm

CA1D7F57-0A99-40D0-991B-9FD3C1C2A512.jpeg
CA1D7F57-0A99-40D0-991B-9FD3C1C2A512.jpeg (99.07 KiB) Viewed 1651 times

The upcoming issue of DWM has confirmed that Class is returning on Audio. All of the Main cast will return for 6 episodes to be released in August 2018. These stories are apparently set within the tv run and will include appearances from Ace (no doubt following her mindwipe in Gallifrey Time War) and the Daleks.
Member since July 2013

CaptainJimiPie

Re: Big Finish Audios

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Mon May 28, 2018 4:39 pm

No doubt this will get alot of people riled up saying they should just leave Class alone but personally I'm glad it's getting picked up by Big Finish! I look forward to their resolution of the cliffhanger!

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Mon May 28, 2018 4:44 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:No doubt this will get alot of people riled up saying they should just leave Class alone but personally I'm glad it's getting picked up by Big Finish! I look forward to their resolution of the cliffhanger!

If it's set within the TV run as the article says, then presumably they won't resolve the cliffhanger. Which if it is, I sort of wonder why they're even doing this. Maybe there's some rights issues around a continuation of the series, but hopefully it will do a Torchwood (where they do stories set within the run at first and then move on to a continuation).

Also, look to the right! Is that a Tenth Doctor Adventures vinyl for HMV?

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Mon May 28, 2018 6:30 pm

Doctor What wrote:
CaptainJimiPie wrote:No doubt this will get alot of people riled up saying they should just leave Class alone but personally I'm glad it's getting picked up by Big Finish! I look forward to their resolution of the cliffhanger!

If it's set within the TV run as the article says, then presumably they won't resolve the cliffhanger. Which if it is, I sort of wonder why they're even doing this. Maybe there's some rights issues around a continuation of the series, but hopefully it will do a Torchwood (where they do stories set within the run at first and then move on to a continuation).

Also, look to the right! Is that a Tenth Doctor Adventures vinyl for HMV?

Yeah it looks like it might be Infamy of the Zaross
Member since July 2013

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Thu May 31, 2018 10:44 am

Infamy of the Zaross is exclusive to HMV and will be in stores from Saturday 16th June. It's limited to 750 so if you want one you should probably go on the day!

Class is split into two volumes, both seemingly out in August. Interesting that the CDs are limited to 500 copies each.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:26 pm

Any recommendations for the companion chronicles?
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:40 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:Any recommendations for the companion chronicles?

The Mahogany Murderers is really good (and it's the pilot for Jago and Litefoot so a good starting point for that)

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:00 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:Any recommendations for the companion chronicles?

The Sara Kingdom Trilogy

Also the First Doctor Volume 2 is pretty good and links into the Time War
Member since July 2013

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Ranking the unbound stories worst to best (not including the two Bernice sets or sequels):
Exile- the thrilling question of what would it be like if the Doctor was an embarrassing Aunt finally gets answered, not a fan of this one. It was nice to have a story where David Tennant was a high point rather a problem, Briggs was also pretty good, though otherwise avoid.
He Jests at Scars- Great performances from Jayston and Langford but otherwise a pretty uninteresting story.
Full Fathom Five- Ok but was rather disappointing. I knew what the ending was but how it came to The Doctor being forced to regenerate over and over till he dies was pretty forced. I understand Ruth being angry and wanting to have revenge for what the Doctor did, but lets the man who was the reason the Doctor did it gets away Scot free. Though rather cold, the Doctor's actions saved the world, so I just think Ruth's actions were a bit extreme.
Auld Mortality
Sympathy for the devil
Deadline
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Carole Ann Ford is going to be in the 1st Doctor adventures Vol 3 as "The Woman", I bet she's playing old Susan.

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”