Ask A Question

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Doctor What

Re: Ask A Question

Postby Doctor What » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:36 pm

The Empty Child wrote:On the lookout for a new laptop, does anybody have any recommendations? (Preferably cheap?)

Depends what you're looking to do with it really, e.g. using photoshop etc, gaming, or just general stuff like typing and internet browsing.

The Empty Child

Postby The Empty Child » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:12 pm

Doctor What wrote:
The Empty Child wrote:On the lookout for a new laptop, does anybody have any recommendations? (Preferably cheap?)

Depends what you're looking to do with it really, e.g. using photoshop etc, gaming, or just general stuff like typing and internet browsing.

More for work, but I'll be using it for entertainment as well.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:44 am

I'm off to this event on Sunday with a bunch of people from season 16 along with John Leeson, Louise Jameson, Colin Baker and Peter Davison.
Is it worth me buying the Key to Time box set for them to sign as part of my ticket I get a free autograph from each of the guests, bar the main four?
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 am

Which do I pre-order first: Big Finish Tenth Doctor Volume 2, Series 10 Steelbook or the Shada steelbook? Which is more likely to sell out first?

Also, the series 10 steelbook seems to be at quite a high price at the moment, but i'd assume it will reduce/ be available cheaper elsewhere?

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Doctor What wrote:Which do I pre-order first: Big Finish Tenth Doctor Volume 2, Series 10 Steelbook or the Shada steelbook? Which is more likely to sell out first?

Also, the series 10 steelbook seems to be at quite a high price at the moment, but i'd assume it will reduce/ be available cheaper elsewhere?

Well Tenth Doctor Volume 1 lasted from about April 2016 (when it went up for Preorder and was released in May) until around February 2017 when it sold out and they started selling the vanilla box set instead. Shada has already gone out of stock on Amazon but is still in stock elsewhere. Series 10 is exclusive to Amazon and once it’s sold out, which will probably be in a few weeks, you’ve got no chance of getting it.

I’d say prioritise Series 10. I don’t know how quickly 10DAV2 will sell but Rose is in it so probably quickly. It depends whether you really want the limited edition version as they’ll make another box set available when it runs out anyway. I have no idea what will happen with Shada but the Power of the Daleks Steelbook is still knocking about.
Member since July 2013

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:14 pm

I am starting up a you tube and was wondering what is the best video making tool to use?
I have HP laptop.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:59 pm

What is the best, most reliable way to download a video off of you tube?

idontremembermylogin

Postby idontremembermylogin » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:32 am

Galactic yo yo wrote:What is the best, most reliable way to download a video off of you tube?

If you have an Android phone you can just long press on the video while it's playing and it usually gives you the option of downloading it, though I seem only to only get an AD quality video afterwards.
Yes you're right, they don't even sell Doctor Who figures in Dubai.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:40 am

Here's something interested I discovered when repainting the shoe on an Abby Maitland Primeval figure
IMG_6627.JPG
IMG_6627.JPG (160.98 KiB) Viewed 89 times

I've looked on all other Primeval figures I have too and they all they the same BBC licensing, so my question is why would figures for an ITV show have BBC licensing info on them?

I know that the Primeval figures are also made by CO and as such may reuse some moulds but a lot of the Primeval figures as far as I'm aware don't reuse moulds, so it's a curious one to be sure!

The Empty Child

Postby The Empty Child » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:32 pm

I'm not sure, but I think Primeval was on BBC America in the States, so maybe it was for international rights or something? Were the Primeval figures even sold in the US?

Return to “General Chat”