What Made You Frown Today?

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

SarahJaneFan

Re: What Made You Frown Today?

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:25 pm

Stupidly ignored my instincts that a listing on eBay for a Series 2 Steelbook for £15 was a scam and am now suffering the consequences of that. Found out later that the same person scammed someone else using a picture of Jimi’s sonic screwdriver collection.
Member since July 2013

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:46 pm

SarahJaneFan wrote:Stupidly ignored my instincts that a listing on eBay for a Series 2 Steelbook for £15 was a scam and am now suffering the consequences of that. Found out later that the same person scammed someone else using a picture of Jimi’s sonic screwdriver collection.

I've actually contacted the person in question who got scammed regarding the sonic screwdriver collection, and they dropped me the email address of the seller and I'm doing my best to do try and get them to own up to scamming someone using my collection!

By all means drop me an email via the email listed on my eBay's about page and I will forward you the buyers email address so that you can contact them directly yourself if you need to!

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:51 pm

Some people on eBay are just awful. I got conned out of £55 in July, luckily EBay's buyers protection let me get it back.

Some people will just do anything for a buck, someone posted some instructions on a Lego forum for a custom stand they'd built for the new Milennium Falcon. An hour later there were 2 listings on eBay for £9.99...and people were buying it.

TW.
11 years of Doctor Who figures!

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:07 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
SarahJaneFan wrote:Stupidly ignored my instincts that a listing on eBay for a Series 2 Steelbook for £15 was a scam and am now suffering the consequences of that. Found out later that the same person scammed someone else using a picture of Jimi’s sonic screwdriver collection.

I've actually contacted the person in question who got scammed regarding the sonic screwdriver collection, and they dropped me the email address of the seller and I'm doing my best to do try and get them to own up to scamming someone using my collection!

By all means drop me an email via the email listed on my eBay's about page and I will forward you the buyers email address so that you can contact them directly yourself if you need to!

I’m covered by the EBay money back guarantee for the thing I payed for, so I’ll be alright, I’ll just have to wait a while before I can make a legitimate claim. I’ve also spoken to the other person, it’s a shame that they settled it out of EBay. What really annoyed me was that I suspected it was a scammer before and still payed.
Member since July 2013

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:24 pm

SarahJaneFan wrote:I’m covered by the EBay money back guarantee for the thing I payed for, so I’ll be alright, I’ll just have to wait a while before I can make a legitimate claim. I’ve also spoken to the other person, it’s a shame that they settled it out of EBay. What really annoyed me was that I suspected it was a scammer before and still payed.

Ah well that's good then! And sometimes that's just the way things happen, I've been scammed on eBay a few times myself but that's why I never deal outside of eBay with people I don't know/trust!

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:50 pm

Been waiting in all day for a parcel to be collected and only in the last hour has it informed me that at 10:58am this morning collection was "no longer needed" and when I contacted myhermes they said that they driver had tried to collect it...which is SERIOUSLY didn't!

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:53 pm

R.I.P Dudley Simpson, will be watching City of Death in remembrance
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:18 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:R.I.P Dudley Simpson, will be watching City of Death in remembrance

Sad to hear about this, first Paddy Russell and now Dudley Simpson. Both made great contributions to Doctor Who.

DukeNukem 2417

Postby DukeNukem 2417 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:17 pm

Well, BBC America has hit a new all-time low. Last night, they showed an AMERICAN movie about AMERICAN football with a mostly-AMERICAN cast.....did they just forget the BBC part of their name, or what?!

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Stranger things season 2 episode 3, they use the person goes to find someone they love but spots them with someone else and mistakes it for them dating leading to them Walking away rather than talking which would solve everything- Cliche :evil:
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Return to “General Chat”