What was the Last TV Show You Watched?

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Galifreyan

Re: What was the Last TV Show You Watched?

Postby Galifreyan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:49 pm

Doctor Who.

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Deborah J wrote:
TheSparrow wrote:
Deborah J wrote:Is that the original series or the newer ones? I've never seen any of twin peaks, but it looks like the sort of thing I'd probably enjoy.

I love Twin Peaks, it's such a good show. But like anything Lynchian, you need a such an open mind because everything is a symbol for something and it's so weird. The revival series is mental. I love it.

Yeah, I mean I don't think I've actually seen any of David Lynches work, so it would be hard to tell how I'd enjoy it, but I suspect I probably would.

Yeah, it's stuff I recommend. I'm actually studying David Lynch's work for my Photography A levels.
Maybe not the youngest person, both physically and mentally, on this forum.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:18 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
TheSparrow wrote:
I love Twin Peaks, it's such a good show. But like anything Lynchian, you need a such an open mind because everything is a symbol for something and it's so weird. The revival series is mental. I love it.

Yeah, I mean I don't think I've actually seen any of David Lynches work, so it would be hard to tell how I'd enjoy it, but I suspect I probably would.

Yeah, it's stuff I recommend. I'm actually studying David Lynch's work for my Photography A levels.

Oh really? That must be really interesting. I'm not exactly an expert on the ins and outs of the visual side of storytelling, but I do enjoy things that are directed in a really visually interesting way, like if I'm watching something and it has a really artistic look to it I like that a lot.

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:39 pm

Deborah J wrote:
TheSparrow wrote:
Deborah J wrote:Yeah, I mean I don't think I've actually seen any of David Lynches work, so it would be hard to tell how I'd enjoy it, but I suspect I probably would.

Oh really? That must be really interesting. I'm not exactly an expert on the ins and outs of the visual side of storytelling, but I do enjoy things that are directed in a really visually interesting way, like if I'm watching something and it has a really artistic look to it I like that a lot.

It really is interesting but I've always loved things that look amazing. I actually fancied myself as a film student, but my passion for other subjects just put me off finding other courses, so I still took photography.
It's what I'm really hoping for with this new series of Doctor Who, I want everything to look breath-takingly beautiful at every turn. From the trailers, most things look pretty good. It would be my dream for each episode to have the production and editing quality that Sherlock did. Hopefully the series being dropped to 10 episodes might make it look more mind blowing than anything we've seen before.
Maybe not the youngest person, both physically and mentally, on this forum.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:49 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Deborah J wrote:Oh really? That must be really interesting. I'm not exactly an expert on the ins and outs of the visual side of storytelling, but I do enjoy things that are directed in a really visually interesting way, like if I'm watching something and it has a really artistic look to it I like that a lot.

It really is interesting but I've always loved things that look amazing. I actually fancied myself as a film student, but my passion for other subjects just put me off finding other courses, so I still took photography.
It's what I'm really hoping for with this new series of Doctor Who, I want everything to look breath-takingly beautiful at every turn. From the trailers, most things look pretty good. It would be my dream for each episode to have the production and editing quality that Sherlock did. Hopefully the series being dropped to 10 episodes might make it look more mind blowing than anything we've seen before.

I heard they were filming with anamorphic lenses this series? I'm not entirely sure what that actually means, I thought anamorphic meant 16:9 aspect ratio, and it's been in that since eccleston but maybe they've only just found the right lenses for doing that? I don't know, you maybe have a better grasp on that than me. The colour levels in the trailer look visually very different to before, I can say that with some certainty, a little too heavy on the orange and teal, though, I feel like there's too much of that. I kind of prefer that heavy pink and blue lighting that seems to have started popping up in a lot of things. Possibly just because those colours look really nice together to my eye.

Galifreyan

Postby Galifreyan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:28 pm

Repeats of The Chase on Challenge :lol:

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:51 pm

Galifreyan wrote:Repeats of The Chase on Challenge :lol:

The last show I watched was the chase too, but it was the one they had on itv this afternoon.

Galifreyan

Postby Galifreyan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Deborah J wrote:

The last show I watched was the chase too, but it was the one they had on itv this afternoon.

I love it haha. Bradley and his banter with the chasers is the best bit, especially when he gets a fit of giggles. :lol:

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:26 pm

Galifreyan wrote:
Deborah J wrote:

I love it haha. Bradley and his banter with the chasers is the best bit, especially when he gets a fit of giggles. :lol:

I kind of want to see that incorporated into his character in doctor wbo, but I doubt it will be.

DukeNukem 2417

Postby DukeNukem 2417 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:55 pm

Season Two premiere of Twin Peaks, on Netflix.
Through the darkness of future past,
The magician longs to see....
One chants out between two worlds:
"Fire...walk with me."

Return to “General Chat”