USA Voting Day

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

User avatar
porcelaingirl
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:17 pm
Contact:

USA Voting Day

Postby porcelaingirl » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:43 am

Don't know how many people this affects, but in the USA:

IT'S VOTING DAY!

Considering how badly the tangerine twat, err, citizen trump (I refuse to call him president) has screwed up the nation over here, and continues to do so, and since I've lived here long enough to be able to vote, I know I'll be exercising that right to vote today. If you happen to live in the US or have the ability to vote via absentee ballot, please vote and help the US get out of the mess they're in. Several important races are being held across the country, as well as several important questions on different state and county ballots. These will change the future of the states and the country, and possibly the outcome of the 2020 presidential election, so even the world.

As I wait to figure out what will happen with Brexit, in my current home I still have to deal with politics here, so I'm doing my best. If you're able to, please vote with me! :)

Cheers!

User avatar
TheSparrow
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:15 pm

Re: USA Voting Day

Postby TheSparrow » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:22 pm

porcelaingirl wrote:tangerine twat
I live here.
Image

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere, baby

Re: USA Voting Day

Postby Deborah J » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:38 pm

I hope things go well over there, I was talking about trump to a friend I made on holiday, neither of uscwere fans at all. I cant get my head around the idea of enough people agreeing with the horrible things he says for him to be voted into office. Like I get it, there's always going to be some narrow minded, blinkered and bigoted people out there, but I didn't think they would be as numerous these days to makes something like "President Trump" a reality. Like he has every prejudice going, he's racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, he's displayed ablism in there a few times, how can any sizeable portion of the electorate get behind someone like that? And the worst of that is that having a person like that voted to the most powerful position in the world will be like validation of those mindsets to people who share them, which pushes progress back for thecwhole world.


That's maybe too strongly political, I'm sorry if it is, but it really confuses and troubles me in equal measure. I'm not even from america, and it still worries me.
Image

User avatar
TheSparrow
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:15 pm

Re: USA Voting Day

Postby TheSparrow » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:56 pm

I'm not well versed on American politics, nor British either. And yeah, I completely understand that he has said controversial statements about many different things, and maybe I don't care because I'm not political, or because I have a dark sense of humour that I refrain from showcasing on here...

But Jesus, am I sick of hearing about people bashing Trump. From the late night American 'comedians' who never seem to leave the trending tab on YouTube, any piece of media that I consume (I mean even Bill took shots about the 'orange' president in series 10) to my Google news feed, and even apparently this forum now too.
He's not going anywhere any time fast, and the American people have chosen what they think would be a good president. Whether you disagree or not is cool, but gosh, I'm just sick of it.

I like Doctor Who.
I like action figures.
I like collecting Doctor Who action figures, and that's what most of my posts are about.
So after this, they will continue to be about that.
There's my two pence and I'm just gonna leave this thread. I hope I haven't upset anyone, I mean that seriously because I know text can be read in different ways.

TL;DR:
I don't care for people bashing Trump, but I also don't care for Trump. I'm not getting anymore into it. I hope no one is upset by me.
I live here.
Image

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere, baby

Re: USA Voting Day

Postby Deborah J » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:34 pm

TheSparrow wrote:I'm not well versed on American politics, nor British either. And yeah, I completely understand that he has said controversial statements about many different things, and maybe I don't care because I'm not political, or because I have a dark sense of humour that I refrain from showcasing on here...

But Jesus, am I sick of hearing about people bashing Trump. From the late night American 'comedians' who never seem to leave the trending tab on YouTube, any piece of media that I consume (I mean even Bill took shots about the 'orange' president in series 10) to my Google news feed, and even apparently this forum now too.
He's not going anywhere any time fast, and the American people have chosen what they think would be a good president. Whether you disagree or not is cool, but gosh, I'm just sick of it.

I like Doctor Who.
I like action figures.
I like collecting Doctor Who action figures, and that's what most of my posts are about.
So after this, they will continue to be about that.
There's my two pence and I'm just gonna leave this thread. I hope I haven't upset anyone, I mean that seriously because I know text can be read in different ways.

TL;DR:
I don't care for people bashing Trump, but I also don't care for Trump. I'm not getting anymore into it. I hope no one is upset by me.

Sorry, Sparrow, I was a bit worried this might be the wrong place for a post like that, I'll try and keep politics out of things in future. :oops:
Image

User avatar
TheSparrow
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:15 pm

Re: USA Voting Day

Postby TheSparrow » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:01 pm

Deborah J wrote:Sorry, Sparrow, I was a bit worried this might be the wrong place for a post like that, I'll try and keep politics out of things in future. :oops:

No, no! Post what you want! It's great that there's any interaction at all on this forum and it's cool!
I was just saying that I'm gonna ignore the thread.
I'm sorry, I'll delete the post if it has upset you.
I live here.
Image

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere, baby

Re: USA Voting Day

Postby Deborah J » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:35 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Deborah J wrote:Sorry, Sparrow, I was a bit worried this might be the wrong place for a post like that, I'll try and keep politics out of things in future. :oops:

No, no! Post what you want! It's great that there's any interaction at all on this forum and it's cool!
I was just saying that I'm gonna ignore the thread.
I'm sorry, I'll delete the post if it has upset you.

No, you're alright, I was overstepping the parameters of the thread, it was meant to encourage thise who could to engage in the democratic processes and votd, it's not for aunt Debbie to get on her soapbox and go on about why one side is bad. I'm the one jn the wrong, this is the wrong place for tht rant for sure.
Image

EmpireOfTheDaleks
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Re: USA Voting Day

Postby EmpireOfTheDaleks » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:38 pm

I think this must be the only thread/forum where people are actually civil when talking about American politics :lol:

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere, baby

Re: USA Voting Day

Postby Deborah J » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:01 pm

EmpireOfTheDaleks wrote:I think this must be the only thread/forum where people are actually civil when talking about American politics :lol:

That's because we're civil and polite in every thread, that's our whole thing, it's lovely. :D
Image

EmpireOfTheDaleks
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Re: USA Voting Day

Postby EmpireOfTheDaleks » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:31 pm

Deborah J wrote:
EmpireOfTheDaleks wrote:I think this must be the only thread/forum where people are actually civil when talking about American politics :lol:

That's because we're civil and polite in every thread, that's our whole thing, it's lovely. :D

And this is why I love this forum


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests