The Birthday Thread!

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

TheSparrow

Re: The Birthday Thread!

Postby TheSparrow » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Deborah J wrote:
TheSparrow wrote:Happy birthday to me lol

Happy Birthday!!! That's an exciting one, too, you're like an actual adult now, I hope you feel all grown up and important :P Do you have anything nice planned for your big day?

-and thank you!! Now to apply for a university at the end of September :lol:
I don't necessarily feel either grown up or important, I just don't want to be older. It comes to something when you feel that way whilst you're relatively young :lol:
I live here.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:22 pm

TheSparrow wrote:Well, we had a little war to see who would turn 18 first. I either won or lost, depending how you look at it :lol:
On the way to Skegness I was pondering about how the Time Lords regenerate. But I applied it to my age instead.
So when I was 7, it'd be like the 7th Sparrow.
I'd still probably not get along with any of the past Sparrows :lol: :lol:

I often feel like that, I think of me when I was younger and I was just horrible, a real brat, I wouldn't like that me and I doubt that me would like how reclusive this me has become.
TheSparrow wrote:-and thank you!! Now to apply for a university at the end of September :lol:
I don't necessarily feel either grown up or important, I just don't want to be older. It comes to something when you feel that way whilst you're relatively young :lol:

Good luck with that, university is quite a jump in the adventure of life.
If you want my advice, don't get older, stay as young as you can for as long as you can. I was your age like five minutes ago, and suddenly I'm 26 now and I hate it, being old isn't as fun as it's advertised as being.

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:05 pm

Deborah J wrote: If you want my advice, don't get older, stay as young as you can for as long as you can. I was your age like five minutes ago, and suddenly I'm 26 now and I hate it, being old isn't as fun as it's advertised as being.

See, you say that but 26 isn't even that old, not to flatter you, or anything. Legally, now - I'm an adult, which is eh. But I just still feel 17, let's see if I'll still manage to get on the bus as a student.
I live here.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:12 am

TheSparrow wrote:26 isn't even that old, not to flatter you, or anything.

Just as well you added that, if I'd thought I was getting a compliment I'd have been just insuferably smug, good save.

You're right, of course, 26 isn't as old as, say, 36, which isn't as old as 46, etc etc, I'm not like 80 or anything, but at the same time the way so much time has passed, the idea that things that seem recent are a full decade ago or more, people who were born the year I started secondary school are now 14 which is so bizarre, for instance, the first years from when I was in sixth year left school ages ago (I'm aware that for people not from scotland that will be kind of meaningless) and it's only older I'm going to get. And I'm going to start looking older, but not in a god way, like as someone who's never been very happy with how I look I definitely feel I've passed the point where you could concievably improve a little once you get older into the area where it's all just going to get worse. Is that just a girl thing maybe? I don't know.

That is way to maudlin a message for your birthday, I'm kind of glad I fell asleep before I got round to replying to the thread last night, at least I didn't ruin your big day. You're still the second place forum baby to us, so you'll be getting your cheek pinched too. I have a name like someone's middle aged aunt, so I might as well act like one too. :lol:

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:50 am

Deborah J wrote: And I'm going to start looking older, but not in a god way, like as someone who's never been very happy with how I look I definitely feel I've passed the point where you could concievably improve a little once you get older into the area where it's all just going to get worse. Is that just a girl thing maybe? I don't know.

Nah, I'm obviously a dude but I get you, although I'm younger I often think the same. I'm just worried that I won't get taller than my Dad :lol:

Deborah J wrote: That is way to maudlin a message for your birthday, I'm kind of glad I fell asleep before I got round to replying to the thread last night, at least I didn't ruin your big day. You're still the second place forum baby to us, so you'll be getting your cheek pinched too. I have a name like someone's middle aged aunt, so I might as well act like one too. :lol:

*starts a forum petition for you to be called 'Aunt Deborah' * :lol:
I live here.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:50 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Deborah J wrote: And I'm going to start looking older, but not in a god way, like as someone who's never been very happy with how I look I definitely feel I've passed the point where you could concievably improve a little once you get older into the area where it's all just going to get worse. Is that just a girl thing maybe? I don't know.

Nah, I'm obviously a dude but I get you, although I'm younger I often think the same. I'm just worried that I won't get taller than my Dad :lol:

Deborah J wrote: That is way to maudlin a message for your birthday, I'm kind of glad I fell asleep before I got round to replying to the thread last night, at least I didn't ruin your big day. You're still the second place forum baby to us, so you'll be getting your cheek pinched too. I have a name like someone's middle aged aunt, so I might as well act like one too. :lol:

*starts a forum petition for you to be called 'Aunt Deborah' * :lol:

I'm already waaaay too tall, so I'm quite glad I'm not growing any more personally. I'd say you're welcome to a few of my spare inches, but that is 1- impossible, and 2- reading as kind of low-key horror movie unsettling reading it back just now.

And that sounds lovely, I can be everyone's aunt, considering in the real world I'm no-ones aunt, it would be a definite step up for me.

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:57 am

Birthdays, eh?
Well, happy 55th birthday to Doctor Who.
Half way to the 60th!
I live here.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:46 am

TheSparrow wrote:Birthdays, eh?
Well, happy 55th birthday to Doctor Who.
Half way to the 60th!

Not quite sure the maths adds up there, aren't we half way to the 110th?

I always love doctor who anniversary day, I just watch doctor who the whole day, it's lovely.

Return to “General Chat”