What Made You Smile Today?

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

CaptainJimiPie

Re: What Made You Smile Today?

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:57 pm

It's been a very good day!

Firstly I received a HUGE box of spares donated to me a fan of my video which included two big bags of loose figures, a couple of mint in box figures (a Green Death Third Doctor being on of them!) and about 15 or so Daleks, including some rare and SFX ones, all in near mint condition!

Secondly both my CO sonic and 10" Thirteenth Doctor figure have been dispatched today so they are on the way.

And finally I managed to order the Seven20 Sonic which is being delivered to a friend in america who is then going to ship it over to me!

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:00 am

My new banner made me smile. But I don't actually think I'm the coolest person in the world. I'm just saying it ironically.
I live here.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:44 am

TheSparrow wrote:My new banner made me smile. But I don't actually think I'm the coolest person in the world. I'm just saying it ironically.

But what if you really were the coolest person in the world and just didn't know. Come to think of it, I'm not sure how you could even find that out. Maybe you are!

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:56 am

Deborah J wrote:
TheSparrow wrote:My new banner made me smile. But I don't actually think I'm the coolest person in the world. I'm just saying it ironically.

But what if you really were the coolest person in the world and just didn't know. Come to think of it, I'm not sure how you could even find that out. Maybe you are!

Deborah J's response also made me smile today :lol:
I live here.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:03 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Deborah J wrote:

Deborah J's response also made me smile today :lol:

Well hearing that I made you smile has made me smile :D .

This is a great thread, so positive, I love it!

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:07 pm

All the new members of the forum have been making me smile, lots of new activity, I hope the new series brings more in!

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Whovastron wrote:All the new members of the forum have been making me smile, lots of new activity, I hope the new series brings more in!

TW.

I certainly agree. It's great to have new people.
I've been following this forum literally since I was about 10 and it only occurred to me to make an account six years later. Then I forgot my details for a while, but alas. I have returned :lol: :lol:
EDIT:
It's so great to see everyone excited about both the new series, and the B&M sets. It brings such an energy to this forum that I've never really felt anywhere else.
I live here.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:57 pm

It's a really upbeat sort of place here, at least just now it is, I don't know if it's always like this, but it's a nice illustration of that that the "what made you smile" thread is really busy all the time, and no-one's posted anything in "what made you frown" since I was complaining about chipping my nail varnish, and that was at least a week ago. Smiling wins!

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:24 pm

My best hope is that the new show becomes popular enough to bring enough merchandise to bring this forum back to how it was when I first joined. It’s a pipe dream I know, but back then we had twice as many sections, and hundreds of posts every day. It was such a lively place. I’m recent years, the shows quality and lack of merch has really plummeted the traffic here. I’ve even thought about leaving myself a few times. But it still brings me a smile to come here and still be a part of this place.

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

porcelaingirl

Postby porcelaingirl » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:22 pm

Even when I first joined there were a lot of people here, but things really seemed to have dried up. Even groundbreaking news that the new Doctor was a woman failed to ignite fires in too many places, when I thought there'd be discussion after discussion about it (hopefully of the civil and well-thought out variety). For the record, I think it's a really fantastic move and am looking forward to it eagerly, and if it doesn't work out after one season, well, that's what regenerations are for. So far, what's made me smile has been...umm...I think just the nice posting on the board. I'm glad to see it getting more active now. :)

Cheers!

Return to “General Chat”