What Made You Frown Today?

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

DukeNukem 2417

Re: What Made You Frown Today?

Postby DukeNukem 2417 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:26 pm

AVIDemux strikes again, this time by chopping out a good chunk of the upcoming 11th Episode of DN2417 Plays DooM (SNES)--yes, I record them in advance, don't act so surprised. This wasn't the worst of it, though....my efforts to rerecord the missing part (by playing up to the bit where the original take had cut off, then firing up BandiCam when I got to that part and recording from there) were completely worthless, thanks to the fact that I forgot a vital feature of the level I was on (two "warrens" full of Former Human Sergeants with hitscan shotguns that can hit you as long as they can see you, even if you have no idea they're there) and therefore ended up reloading save states WHILE RECORDING, repeatedly. The take I nearly settled on from there goes completely downhill and I just sound more and more frustrated as it goes on....

Oh, and the kicker? I spent nearly TWO HOURS trying to get the stupid take in the can, and ended up realizing that I could've done it via a far easier method.....thankfully, I was able to salvage the first part or so of the original take, and can HOPEFULLY get a decent take of the rest of it either tomorrow or next week.
Through the darkness of future past,
The magician longs to see....
One chants out between two worlds:
"Fire...walk with me."

porcelaingirl

Postby porcelaingirl » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:07 pm

Guys, just remember, mass posting on one topic, especially on one you've created, like replying to yourself, is really frowned upon. It clutters up the forum and it's just like bumping your topic to the top. Once the show starts I'm sure we'll get plenty of visitors in here, and in the meanwhile there are plenty of things to post about. And that made me frown today.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:20 pm

porcelaingirl wrote:Guys, just remember, mass posting on one topic, especially on one you've created, like replying to yourself, is really frowned upon. It clutters up the forum and it's just like bumping your topic to the top. Once the show starts I'm sure we'll get plenty of visitors in here, and in the meanwhile there are plenty of things to post about. And that made me frown today.

I'm pretty new here and I'll admit a lot of the threads here kind of baffle me, like there's one about pot noodles and it's just one guy over and over.

Actually I might have accidentally turned it into a discussion. Sorry about that. I don't really know the rules yet.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Deborah J wrote:
porcelaingirl wrote:Guys, just remember, mass posting on one topic, especially on one you've created, like replying to yourself, is really frowned upon. It clutters up the forum and it's just like bumping your topic to the top. Once the show starts I'm sure we'll get plenty of visitors in here, and in the meanwhile there are plenty of things to post about. And that made me frown today.

I'm pretty new here and I'll admit a lot of the threads here kind of baffle me, like there's one about pot noodles and it's just one guy over and over.

Actually I might have accidentally turned it into a discussion. Sorry about that. I don't really know the rules yet.

Yeah that guys kinda getting on my nerves. Not really worth kicking up a fuss though, it’s not like there’s a lot of traffic to disturb here at the moment

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:47 pm

I do worry I'm over posting, I'm kind of pumped up about doctor who at the moment, more than I've been for a while, that's why I joined, but it's quite quiet here, I do sometimes feel like I'm running around screaming through the streets of a sleepy little village sometimes.

And I should probably try not to push my luck by not posting topic-relevant things, so what made me frown today? I needed to do a bit of DIY today (not something I'm great at) and I'd recently painted my nails, very nice colour, they looked nice, so I thought I'd better put on some gardening gloves so I don't mess those up. I do the job, not to a high standard, but I did it, take the gloves off and the nail varnish is chipped to a ridiculous degree. That was probably more a disheartened groan than a frown, but close enough?

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:08 pm

S C A L P E R S
I'll say it before anyone else does.
I live here.

idontremembermylogin

Postby idontremembermylogin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:10 pm

TheSparrow wrote:S C A L P E R S

I'm actually going insane at the moment - THEY'RE NOT EVEN OUT NEAR ME WHY DOES LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE HAVE THEM
Yes you're right, they don't even sell Doctor Who figures in Dubai.

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:13 pm

idontremembermylogin wrote:

I'm actually going insane at the moment - THEY'RE NOT EVEN OUT NEAR ME WHY DOES LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE HAVE THEM

I have three, no actually FIVE B&M stores about a 20 minute drive away each from me and as far as I know they're all out. It's ridiculous.

But hey, I don't wanna sound like a whiny entitled brat so I'll just leave it there. My age is on here and I don't want people to think bad about me :lol:
I live here.

idontremembermylogin

Postby idontremembermylogin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:15 pm

TheSparrow wrote:

I have three, no actually FIVE B&M stores about a 20 minute drive away each from me and as far as I know they're all out. It's ridiculous.

But hey, I don't wanna sound like a whiny entitled brat so I'll just leave it there. My age is on here and I don't want people to think bad about me :lol:

Don't worry you're possibly not the youngest, after all we're both 17.
Yes you're right, they don't even sell Doctor Who figures in Dubai.

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:37 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
idontremembermylogin wrote:I'm actually going insane at the moment - THEY'RE NOT EVEN OUT NEAR ME WHY DOES LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE HAVE THEM

Don't worry you're possibly not the youngest, after all we're both 17.

Oh sick. We're the babies of the forum.
I live here.

Return to “General Chat”