What Made You Frown Today?

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

TheSparrow

Re: What Made You Frown Today?

Postby TheSparrow » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:56 am

I ate all of the biscuits I made for my girlfriend last night.
I live here.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:47 am

TheSparrow wrote:I ate all of the biscuits I made for my girlfriend last night.

Is that not more something to make her frown, though?

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:53 am

Deborah J wrote:

Timey wimey
I live here.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:20 am

TheSparrow wrote:
Deborah J wrote:

Timey wimey

Wimey Timey.

porcelaingirl

Postby porcelaingirl » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:56 pm

The ride to and from my doctor's office is so long and it was such a dreary day I fell asleep on the way back. Always an attractive look. Luckily my hot water's back on after it being out all day yesterday... ><

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:12 am

I just caught my trouser pocket on the handle of my bedroom door and ripped right through it. I don't exactly like these trousers, but that's very annoying. Downsides to being tall right there, if I was a normal height that wouldn't have happened. In fact the door handle used to be higher before I got a new door, if it was where it used to be that wouldn't have happened. Stupid door handles, if I ruled the world I'd ban them. Grumpy Deborah is grumpy.

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:57 pm

Someone made a simple joke on a Facebook page that I'm on, and another person went nutty even though a joke is a joke and the topic was fictional anyway so who cares. I just can't be bothered getting involved with politics in and around the media that I consume. There are so many extremes nowadays and I don't really want anything to do with it.
I live here.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:29 pm

Another Pseudo-historical next week ... woo hoo, haven't seen one of those in a while. It couldn't possibly be a pure historical cause you know 1950s America was lacking potential threats for a story centred are Rosa Park :evil: .
Here's hoping The Witch Hunters is just about the Doctor being mistaken for a witch or something.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:48 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:Another Pseudo-historical next week ... woo hoo, haven't seen one of those in a while. It couldn't possibly be a pure historical cause you know 1950s America was lacking potential threats for a story centred are Rosa Park :evil: .
Here's hoping The Witch Hunters is just about the Doctor being mistaken for a witch or something.

Do you mean the book the witch hunters? With the first doctor? It's a proper historical, it's actually really good. I'd kind of hoped for something in the same vein as it for the Rosa episode. "The Roundheads" is another book which gives a more in depth spin on the idea of getting caught up in historical events and needing to leave a dangerous situation without changing history, that was what I'd really been wanting.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:53 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:Another Pseudo-historical next week ... woo hoo, haven't seen one of those in a while. It couldn't possibly be a pure historical cause you know 1950s America was lacking potential threats for a story centred are Rosa Park :evil: .

Do you mean the book the witch hunters? With the first doctor? It's a proper historical, it's actually really good. I'd kind of hoped for something in the same vein as it for the Rosa episode. "The Roundheads" is another book which gives a more in depth spin on the idea of getting caught up in historical events and needing to leave a dangerous situation without changing history, that was what I'd really been wanting.

No, but I have read it, it's pretty good. I mean the story with Alan Cumming as James I later in the series, it's also called the witch hunters.
Last edited by Galactic yo yo on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Return to “General Chat”