Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

TheSparrow

Re: Forum Security Levels?

Postby TheSparrow » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:23 pm

idontremembermylogin wrote:
TheSparrow wrote:
Lemme just step in with my Computer Science A Level knowledge - That's this specific site's security, not your own. The secury certificate is given out to reveiwed sites that meet certain encryption requirements, although since this site is quite small there isn't really a need to have so much encryption as there are no credit/debit card transactions taking place or other high profile secret measures being stored on here. Probably something you shouldn't worry about.

Gah, you got there first. Flexing that A level stuff before I can.

Ngl I literally just did this last week. You do CS too?

Nah, I did CS at GCSE, but I'm doing A Level ICT. They're not the same, but they do overlap now and then.
I live here.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:47 pm

You're all very smart, I'm so proud of you. Aside from a mandatory computer programming module I had to do for my degree (which I scraped through without any particular aplomb) I never really studied computing, I kind of wish I had, though.

idontremembermylogin

Postby idontremembermylogin » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:22 am

Deborah J wrote:You're all very smart, I'm so proud of you. Aside from a mandatory computer programming module I had to do for my degree (which I scraped through without any particular aplomb) I never really studied computing, I kind of wish I had, though.

It may sound impressive but almost everyone in my class hates it. It's really hard and complex and finnicky and the coursework is the worst thing in the world.
Yes you're right, they don't even sell Doctor Who figures in Dubai.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:44 am

Deborah J wrote:You're all very smart, I'm so proud of you. Aside from a mandatory computer programming module I had to do for my degree (which I scraped through without any particular aplomb) I never really studied computing, I kind of wish I had, though.

It may sound impressive but almost everyone in my class hates it. It's really hard and complex and finnicky and the coursework is the worst thing in the world.

I can't say I'm surprised that it's hard and complex, I mean you've already passed the level to bamboozle me, and I know I'm not exactly a high smartness benchmark, but "Smarter than Deborah" is still impressive to me. And you've learned something useful enough to help me with my worry/question/worried question, so it's been useful for something already.

EmpireOfTheDaleks

Postby EmpireOfTheDaleks » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:10 pm

I did a Forensic IT course as part of my current degree. I would've thought that it would have covered stuff like this, but no :lol: Glad I'm learning something new

porcelaingirl

Postby porcelaingirl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:39 pm

I get the same issues with the website on my computer, too. Since it's' just a BBS on "Doctor Who", I generally ignore it. If anyone has suggestions, I'm open to them.

Cheers!

Return to “General Chat”