Big Finish

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 1573
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Big Finish

Post by skifflebits »

So Eric Roberts has completely caved. :) I wonder who's next?
Image

User avatar
SJF
Posts: 1199
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: Big Finish

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:33 pm
So Eric Roberts has completely caved. :) I wonder who's next?
Well, there’s another announcement coming at midnight.
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 1573
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Big Finish

Post by skifflebits »

So they announced some 11th and 12th Doctor crossover short story or something. Was that it?
Image

User avatar
SJF
Posts: 1199
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: Big Finish

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:38 am
So they announced some 11th and 12th Doctor crossover short story or something. Was that it?
No that was announced like a year ago. It just got released. The midnight reveal was the cover for Masterful.

Image

Image
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 1573
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Big Finish

Post by skifflebits »

Oh man. Gatiss??
Image

User avatar
SJF
Posts: 1199
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: Big Finish

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:19 pm
Oh man. Gatiss??
He’s basically an alternate universe Delgado from the David Warner Third Doctor audios. He recently got brought into the main universe by the Daleks to fight Jacobi.
Image

Spannerintheworks
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 am

Re: Big Finish

Post by Spannerintheworks »

SJF wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:47 am
skifflebits wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:38 am
So they announced some 11th and 12th Doctor crossover short story or something. Was that it?
No that was announced like a year ago. It just got released. The midnight reveal was the cover for Masterful.

Image

Image
So, I read several press release type articles on this. Maybe it was in a podcast or somewhere else, but....

How are we incorporating Delgado and Ainley? Soundalikes? Archive recordings? "Offscreen"? Has this been discussed or hinted at all?

User avatar
SJF
Posts: 1199
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: Big Finish

Post by SJF »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:45 pm
SJF wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:47 am
skifflebits wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:38 am
So they announced some 11th and 12th Doctor crossover short story or something. Was that it?
No that was announced like a year ago. It just got released. The midnight reveal was the cover for Masterful.

Image

Image
So, I read several press release type articles on this. Maybe it was in a podcast or somewhere else, but....

How are we incorporating Delgado and Ainley? Soundalikes? Archive recordings? "Offscreen"? Has this been discussed or hinted at all?
Delgado isn’t in it. Or at least he probably won’t be. Notice how he only appears on the special edition cover and not the general release one. The special edition includes an original audiobook with the Third Doctor, UNIT and the Master so that’s probably what he appears in.

Ainley on the other hand is most likely being played by Jon Culshaw as he’s known for doing a good Ainley in The Five Doctors audiobook. It’s how he got the Brigadier role.
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 1573
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Big Finish

Post by skifflebits »

SJF wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:15 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:19 pm
Oh man. Gatiss??
He’s basically an alternate universe Delgado from the David Warner Third Doctor audios. He recently got brought into the main universe by the Daleks to fight Jacobi.
He just seems like odd casting in the first place.

Hey, I love him on Sherlock and on League of Gentlemen, but he never seems to come across as... I dunno... evil.

Just my humble opinion, though.
Image

User avatar
SJF
Posts: 1199
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: Big Finish

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:07 am
SJF wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:15 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:19 pm
Oh man. Gatiss??
He’s basically an alternate universe Delgado from the David Warner Third Doctor audios. He recently got brought into the main universe by the Daleks to fight Jacobi.
He just seems like odd casting in the first place.

Hey, I love him on Sherlock and on League of Gentlemen, but he never seems to come across as... I dunno... evil.

Just my humble opinion, though.
He’s actually really good, I think. But then, most of the David Warner stories are amazing anyway.Sympathy For The Devil is just great.
Image

Post Reply