Big Finish

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
skifflebits

Re: Big Finish

Post by skifflebits »

So Eric Roberts has completely caved. :) I wonder who's next?

SJF

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:33 pm
So Eric Roberts has completely caved. :) I wonder who's next?
Well, there’s another announcement coming at midnight.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

So they announced some 11th and 12th Doctor crossover short story or something. Was that it?

SJF

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:38 am
So they announced some 11th and 12th Doctor crossover short story or something. Was that it?
No that was announced like a year ago. It just got released. The midnight reveal was the cover for Masterful.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Oh man. Gatiss??

SJF

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:19 pm
Oh man. Gatiss??
He’s basically an alternate universe Delgado from the David Warner Third Doctor audios. He recently got brought into the main universe by the Daleks to fight Jacobi.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

SJF wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:47 am
skifflebits wrote:
No that was announced like a year ago. It just got released. The midnight reveal was the cover for Masterful.

So, I read several press release type articles on this. Maybe it was in a podcast or somewhere else, but....

How are we incorporating Delgado and Ainley? Soundalikes? Archive recordings? "Offscreen"? Has this been discussed or hinted at all?

SJF

Post by SJF »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:45 pm
SJF wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:47 am
skifflebits wrote:

So, I read several press release type articles on this. Maybe it was in a podcast or somewhere else, but....

How are we incorporating Delgado and Ainley? Soundalikes? Archive recordings? "Offscreen"? Has this been discussed or hinted at all?
Delgado isn’t in it. Or at least he probably won’t be. Notice how he only appears on the special edition cover and not the general release one. The special edition includes an original audiobook with the Third Doctor, UNIT and the Master so that’s probably what he appears in.

Ainley on the other hand is most likely being played by Jon Culshaw as he’s known for doing a good Ainley in The Five Doctors audiobook. It’s how he got the Brigadier role.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

SJF wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:15 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Oh man. Gatiss??
He’s basically an alternate universe Delgado from the David Warner Third Doctor audios. He recently got brought into the main universe by the Daleks to fight Jacobi.
He just seems like odd casting in the first place.

Hey, I love him on Sherlock and on League of Gentlemen, but he never seems to come across as... I dunno... evil.

Just my humble opinion, though.

SJF

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:07 am
SJF wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:15 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Oh man. Gatiss??
He just seems like odd casting in the first place.

Hey, I love him on Sherlock and on League of Gentlemen, but he never seems to come across as... I dunno... evil.

Just my humble opinion, though.
He’s actually really good, I think. But then, most of the David Warner stories are amazing anyway.Sympathy For The Devil is just great.