Controversial Opinions

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Re: Controversial Opinions

Post by CharlieTheWhovian » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:01 pm

Galactic YoYo wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:42 am
CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:28 am
Can't remember if I've said this before but I think s6 is Matt Smith's strongest season.
Definitely, The Impossible Astronaut and the Girl who Waited are my favourite 11th Doctor stories.
I love A Good Man Goes To War personally

BilliePiperFan

Post by BilliePiperFan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:43 pm

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:01 pm
Galactic YoYo wrote:
CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:28 am
Can't remember if I've said this before but I think s6 is Matt Smith's strongest season.
Definitely, The Impossible Astronaut and the Girl who Waited are my favourite 11th Doctor stories.
I like it but it's not one of my S6 favourites.

I always thought there could have been a better pay off than River being Amy and Rory's daughter.
I don't have a signature. Sad reacts only.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:00 pm

BilliePiperFan wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:43 pm
CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:01 pm
Galactic YoYo wrote:

I like it but it's not one of my S6 favourites.

I always thought there could have been a better pay off than River being Amy and Rory's daughter.
Absolutely.

The payoff of "How will the Doctor live???" was pretty weak too. They set up a more plausible solution (the flesh) and went with one that.....makes way less sense.

S6 would be stronger if the episodes were reordered too.

And Amy and Rory got pretty good closure with S6 too. Moving on with S7, episode 1 would've played better. Especially for multiple Claras; imagine her dying straight away, no companion for an episode (so we assume her casting a red herring), and then her popping up again and maybe dying three stories later. By "The Snowmen", it certainly would've made the Doctor's "WHAT is going on?" more dramatically built.

I'm fine with what we got, but I always felt Smith's post S5 developments rushed. "The Crown" shows he's great playing a slow burn, letting things weigh on him, and then breaking. I'd have loved more of that.