Post by skifflebits » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:25 pm

p.s. Frobisher is still the best.

8-)
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

DalekCheese

Re: The Best Big Finish Companion...

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:35 pm

And he always will be...
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:34 pm

And IIRC, the reason they didn't bring him back was incredibly petty. Like they didn't think he was "popular enough," despite "The Holy Terror" being incredibly well received.

I should start a "Bring Back Frobisher" movement.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:40 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:34 pm
And IIRC, the reason they didn't bring him back was incredibly petty. Like they didn't think he was "popular enough," despite "The Holy Terror" being incredibly well received.

I say that we get Frobisher on TV once chinball is gone.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

SJF

Post by SJF » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:42 pm

skifflebits wrote:

That’s because Gary Russell didn’t think the books and comics were canon so made sure to brand the Frobisher and Benny stories as side steps in continuity, which put people off because they didn’t want to spend money on things that didn’t count.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:59 pm

SJF wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:42 pm
skifflebits wrote:

That’s because Gary Russell didn’t think the books and comics were canon so made sure to brand the Frobisher and Benny stories as side steps in continuity, which put people off because they didn’t want to spend money on things that didn’t count.
But...

But none of Big Finish counts.

8-)

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:59 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:59 pm
SJF wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:42 pm
skifflebits wrote:

But...

But none of Big Finish counts.

8-)
:(

SJF

Post by SJF » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:31 pm

To be honest, I don’t really get why Lucie is put on such a pedestal. Like I like her a lot and all but it doesn’t really make any sense how people worship her then say that pretty much every BF companion after her is bland and gets no development when she was basically a one trick pony who only had like three episodes where she actually got any development out of about 40.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:48 pm

SJF wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:31 pm
To be honest, I don’t really get why Lucie is put on such a pedestal. Like I like her a lot and all but it doesn’t really make any sense how people worship her then say that pretty much every BF companion after her is bland and gets no development when she was basically a one trick pony who only had like three episodes where she actually got any development out of about 40.
I only heard a couple of her stories and thought she was all right, I suppose, but maybe I just didn't hear enough Lucie stories to get obsessed.

I can see putting Charley on a pedestal, just because she was the first of the non-TV companions, and the one who was there when McGann's stories launched. She can get on my nerves sometimes, but she still seems like "the" McGann companion.

SJF

Post by SJF » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:14 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:48 pm
SJF wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:31 pm
I only heard a couple of her stories and thought she was all right, I suppose, but maybe I just didn't hear enough Lucie stories to get obsessed.

I can see putting Charley on a pedestal, just because she was the first of the non-TV companions, and the one who was there when McGann's stories launched. She can get on my nerves sometimes, but she still seems like "the" McGann companion.
She actually wasn’t. Evelyn predates Charley by about a year, and then there’s all the novel and comic companions before that. To me anyway, Izzy comes across more as THE McGann companion.