Page 1 of 2

Question about Castrovalva

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:22 pm
by skifflebits
So I was watching Castrovalva recently.

After all the trouble and brouhaha of creating a mathematically-generated artificial town it turns out all the Master really wants in Castrovalva is to kill the Doctor, right?

At one point he had a mathematically-generated artificial Adric walking around with the Doctor in his TARDIS. Couldn't he have just, I dunno, mathematically rigged him to explode or something?

Re: Question about Castrovalva

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:25 pm
by DalekCheese
skifflebits wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:22 pm
So I was watching Castrovalva recently.

After all the trouble and brouhaha of creating a mathematically-generated artificial town it turns out all the Master really wants in Castrovalva is to kill the Doctor, right?

At one point he had a mathematically-generated artificial Adric walking around with the Doctor in his TARDIS. Couldn't he have just, I dunno, mathematically rigged him to explode or something?
No fun though, is it? Just BOOM and then done. No art, no poetry, my boy.

Re: Question about Castrovalva

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:50 pm
by Neon Wolf
You're underestimating the showmanship of a man who swans around and calls himself 'The Master'.

Re: Question about Castrovalva

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:54 pm
by Deborah J
I love castrovalva. First classic series story I ever saw, iot makes me feel so at peace with the world, that wander through the forrest in part two, with that music, I wish that could be life mood.

Re: Question about Castrovalva

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:55 pm
by DalekCheese
It is, as /who/general would say, comfy.

Re: Question about Castrovalva

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:20 pm
by Danoftardis
Deborah J wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:54 pm
I love castrovalva. First classic series story I ever saw, iot makes me feel so at peace with the world, that wander through the forrest in part two, with that music, I wish that could be life mood.
Oh I love that music, thank you for reminding me of it. I really need to stick castrovalva on the telebox again soon, it's been a few months since I last watched it.

Re: Question about Castrovalva

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:24 pm
by DalekCheese
Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:20 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:54 pm
I love castrovalva. First classic series story I ever saw, iot makes me feel so at peace with the world, that wander through the forrest in part two, with that music, I wish that could be life mood.
Oh I love that music, thank you for reminding me of it. I really need to stick castrovalva on the telebox again soon, it's been a few months since I last watched it.
I can’t watch any classic Who with my family cos they all get annoyed and go away. Lucky you, getting to watch Castrovolva whenever.... *jealousy*

Re: Question about Castrovalva

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:28 pm
by Danoftardis
DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:24 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:20 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:54 pm
I love castrovalva. First classic series story I ever saw, iot makes me feel so at peace with the world, that wander through the forrest in part two, with that music, I wish that could be life mood.
Oh I love that music, thank you for reminding me of it. I really need to stick castrovalva on the telebox again soon, it's been a few months since I last watched it.
I can’t watch any classic Who with my family cos they all get annoyed and go away. Lucky you, getting to watch Castrovolva whenever.... *jealousy*
I make my dad watch logopolis with me all the time, he really dislikes that one, it's become a running joke between us now. We watch a lot of who together, he tolerates classic who, but enjoys new who.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Re: Question about Castrovalva

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:29 pm
by Gek2Win
Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:28 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:24 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:20 pm


Oh I love that music, thank you for reminding me of it. I really need to stick castrovalva on the telebox again soon, it's been a few months since I last watched it.
I can’t watch any classic Who with my family cos they all get annoyed and go away. Lucky you, getting to watch Castrovolva whenever.... *jealousy*
I make my dad watch logopolis with me all the time, he really dislikes that one, it's become a running joke between us now. We watch a lot of who together, he tolerates classic who, but enjoys new who.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Ok now that's too far a crossover; not just between threads, but even whole sections?

Re: Question about Castrovalva

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:30 pm
by DalekCheese
Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:28 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:24 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:20 pm


Oh I love that music, thank you for reminding me of it. I really need to stick castrovalva on the telebox again soon, it's been a few months since I last watched it.
I can’t watch any classic Who with my family cos they all get annoyed and go away. Lucky you, getting to watch Castrovolva whenever.... *jealousy*
I make my dad watch logopolis with me all the time, he really dislikes that one, it's become a running joke between us now. We watch a lot of who together, he tolerates classic who, but enjoys new who.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
:lol: whenever I decide to watch something my family don’t want want to, I’m just like “ok, don’t watch it. I’ll just go and get Remembrance of the Daleks...”

Works every time.

And no, no such thing as too severe a crossover.