Re: The Best Big Finish Companion...

Post by skifflebits » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:07 pm

SJF wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:14 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:48 pm
SJF wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:31 pm
To be honest, I don’t really get why Lucie is put on such a pedestal. Like I like her a lot and all but it doesn’t really make any sense how people worship her then say that pretty much every BF companion after her is bland and gets no development when she was basically a one trick pony who only had like three episodes where she actually got any development out of about 40.
I only heard a couple of her stories and thought she was all right, I suppose, but maybe I just didn't hear enough Lucie stories to get obsessed.

I can see putting Charley on a pedestal, just because she was the first of the non-TV companions, and the one who was there when McGann's stories launched. She can get on my nerves sometimes, but she still seems like "the" McGann companion.
She actually wasn’t. Evelyn predates Charley by about a year, and then there’s all the novel and comic companions before that. To me anyway, Izzy comes across more as THE McGann companion.
In chronological order of release? Am I confused, or was "Storm Warning" not the first McGann audio BF put out?

I thought that was the story that started the wave of "lost years" McGann love, and Charley was the companion at the beginning.

I mean, personally, I don't care if a story was technically set before that, that was the first one we all heard.

And I'm afraid I drifted away from BF before the Izzy era. Just got kicked in the goulies one time too many.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg