Underrated/Overrated Stories

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 2997
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: Underrated/Overrated Stories

Post by Deborah J »

First half of Stones of blood is great if it stayed like that all the way through it would be an all time great. But as soon as they go to the spaceship the whole thing becomes a steaming pile of hot garbage, and it never recovers.
Image

User avatar
Danoftardis
Posts: 2862
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am
Location: Telos

Re: Underrated/Overrated Stories

Post by Danoftardis »

I very much enjoy the stones of blood, my favourite key to time serial. It's got some good K9 action in it.
Image

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 2997
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: Underrated/Overrated Stories

Post by Deborah J »

Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:25 pm
I very much enjoy the stones of blood, my favourite key to time serial. It's got some good K9 action in it.
My rating of the key to time, best to worst:

Ribos Operation
Androids of Tara
The first half of stones if blood
Pirate planet
Armageddon Factor
Second half of Stones of Blood
Power of Kroll.

So yeah, there we have it. Romans outfit in the later parts of SOB are much nicer, though, probably my favourite of her outfits.
Image

User avatar
Danoftardis
Posts: 2862
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am
Location: Telos

Re: Underrated/Overrated Stories

Post by Danoftardis »

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:39 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:25 pm
I very much enjoy the stones of blood, my favourite key to time serial. It's got some good K9 action in it.
My rating of the key to time, best to worst:

Ribos Operation
Androids of Tara
The first half of stones if blood
Pirate planet
Armageddon Factor
Second half of Stones of Blood
Power of Kroll.

So yeah, there we have it. Romans outfit in the later parts of SOB are much nicer, though, probably my favourite of her outfits.
You have upset the great God Kroll dryfoot. We will have to sacrifice you to appease him!

Kroll! Kroll! Kroll! Kroll! Kroll!
Image

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 2997
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: Underrated/Overrated Stories

Post by Deborah J »

Power of kroll is awful and it wastes phillip maddoc in a non-villain role, an unforgivable crime.
Image

DalekCheese
Posts: 4410
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Re: Underrated/Overrated Stories

Post by DalekCheese »

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:32 am
Power of kroll is awful and it wastes phillip maddoc in a non-villain role, an unforgivable crime.
The green (yellow)screen’s funny tho.
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 1870
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Underrated/Overrated Stories

Post by skifflebits »

Gek2Win wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:06 pm
Watch the Stones of Blood. There's approximately a 89% chance you'll hate it, but perhaps you'll agree with me. And if you do, you'll have had a treat.
I've always liked it.

And I always thought the spaceship turn was a nice twist in a formula we'd seen a lot.

Haven't managed to see it in years, mind you, but my DVDs are buried in the garage.
Image

DalekCheese
Posts: 4410
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Re: Underrated/Overrated Stories

Post by DalekCheese »

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:10 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:06 pm
Watch the Stones of Blood. There's approximately a 89% chance you'll hate it, but perhaps you'll agree with me. And if you do, you'll have had a treat.
I've always liked it.

And I always thought the spaceship turn was a nice twist in a formula we'd seen a lot.

Haven't managed to see it in years, mind you, but my DVDs are buried in the garage.
I’ve got DVDs in my garage, but I think the tramp’s sleeping on them and he’s quite intimidating so I won’t go and get them atm.
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 1870
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Underrated/Overrated Stories

Post by skifflebits »

DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:37 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:10 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:06 pm
Watch the Stones of Blood. There's approximately a 89% chance you'll hate it, but perhaps you'll agree with me. And if you do, you'll have had a treat.
I've always liked it.

And I always thought the spaceship turn was a nice twist in a formula we'd seen a lot.

Haven't managed to see it in years, mind you, but my DVDs are buried in the garage.
I’ve got DVDs in my garage, but I think the tramp’s sleeping on them and he’s quite intimidating so I won’t go and get them atm.
Just turn a hose on him. Tramps hate water and sunlight.
Image

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 2997
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: Underrated/Overrated Stories

Post by Deborah J »

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:10 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:37 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:10 pm


I've always liked it.

And I always thought the spaceship turn was a nice twist in a formula we'd seen a lot.

Haven't managed to see it in years, mind you, but my DVDs are buried in the garage.
I’ve got DVDs in my garage, but I think the tramp’s sleeping on them and he’s quite intimidating so I won’t go and get them atm.
Just turn a hose on him. Tramps hate water and sunlight.
Can confirm, I've been dressing like a tramp all holiday and both the spanish sunshine and the warm Mediterranean sea are really distressing to me.
Image

Post Reply