Theories and Conspiracies

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
User avatar
Gek2Win
Posts: 515
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:02 pm
Location: The Earth. Sewers, preferably.

Theories and Conspiracies

Post by Gek2Win » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:29 pm

What theories and conspiracies do you have about doctor who? What evidence do you have to back it up? Did you have any that somehow turned out to be true? Tell us about your overthinking of a 55 year old TV show about a British time-travelling pacifistic alien!
Image

User avatar
Valeyard
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:24 pm
Location: The Non-Canon Archive

Re: Theories and Conspiracies

Post by Valeyard » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:31 pm

I believe the War Chief is the Master. Terrence Dicks and Malcolm Hulke heavily implied it in several novelisations and I prefer to take their word for it instead of questionable canon books like the BBC ones. Feel free to disagree, I hope Big Finish will come along and provide an answer someday.
'Bring back the Vervoids you cowards.'

User avatar
TheSparrow
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:30 pm
Location: My parent's basement.

Re: Theories and Conspiracies

Post by TheSparrow » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:36 pm

Valeyard wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:31 pm
I believe the War Chief is the Master. Terrence Dicks and Malcolm Hulke heavily implied it in several novelisations and I prefer to take their word for it instead of questionable canon books like the BBC ones. Feel free to disagree, I hope Big Finish will come along and provide an answer someday.
I was reading about this on the Wiki I thought it was dead interesting.

I have my own conspiracy. Looms aren't canon lol.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT πŸ‘‰πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘‰

User avatar
Valeyard
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:24 pm
Location: The Non-Canon Archive

Re: Theories and Conspiracies

Post by Valeyard » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:37 pm

TheSparrow wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:36 pm
Valeyard wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:31 pm
I believe the War Chief is the Master. Terrence Dicks and Malcolm Hulke heavily implied it in several novelisations and I prefer to take their word for it instead of questionable canon books like the BBC ones. Feel free to disagree, I hope Big Finish will come along and provide an answer someday.
I was reading about this on the Wiki I thought it was dead interesting.

I have my own conspiracy. Looms aren't canon lol.
Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

Looms are not canon gang rise up.
Last edited by Valeyard on Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Bring back the Vervoids you cowards.'

User avatar
TheSparrow
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:30 pm
Location: My parent's basement.

Re: Theories and Conspiracies

Post by TheSparrow » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:38 pm

Valeyard wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:37 pm
TheSparrow wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:36 pm
Valeyard wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:31 pm
I believe the War Chief is the Master. Terrence Dicks and Malcolm Hulke heavily implied it in several novelisations and I prefer to take their word for it instead of questionable canon books like the BBC ones. Feel free to disagree, I hope Big Finish will come along and provide an answer someday.
I was reading about this on the Wiki I thought it was dead interesting.

I have my own conspiracy. Looms aren't canon lol.
Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

Looks are not canon gang rise up.
Looks aren't canon either. I believe that nobody has ever looked at or has been looked at by anyone ever in the history of ever.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT πŸ‘‰πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘‰

User avatar
Valeyard
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:24 pm
Location: The Non-Canon Archive

Re: Theories and Conspiracies

Post by Valeyard » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:40 pm

TheSparrow wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:38 pm
Valeyard wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:37 pm
TheSparrow wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:36 pm

I was reading about this on the Wiki I thought it was dead interesting.

I have my own conspiracy. Looms aren't canon lol.
Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

Looms are not canon gang rise up.
Looks aren't canon either. I believe that nobody has ever looked at or has been looked at by anyone ever in the history of ever.
How interesting, though I fail to see what that has to do with looms not being canon.
'Bring back the Vervoids you cowards.'

User avatar
Avon
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:02 am

Re: Theories and Conspiracies

Post by Avon » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:48 pm

^ I'd like to believe the War Chief one!

Pete's World divergence is that their was no Rose, therefore, 9 traveled either alone or with someone else, and ultimately would die on the Game Station, as no one broke into the TARDIS and absorbed the vortex and came back for him, either leaving his TARDIS in the future, or left on some curb on some street, ready for Meta Crisis Ten to find and use with Rose. All other divergences including the lack of a monarchy, and the rise of cybermen on Earth rather than Mondas can be chalked up to 9 and 10's absence in Earth's history (for the former, they didn't save Queen Victoria in Tooth and Claw) or just general abnormalities as you get from one parallel Earth to another. I guess, Handy is the multiverse's way of restoring multiversal balance to the force, or something

User avatar
TheSparrow
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:30 pm
Location: My parent's basement.

Re: Theories and Conspiracies

Post by TheSparrow » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:51 pm

Valeyard wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:40 pm
TheSparrow wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:38 pm
Valeyard wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:37 pm


Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

Looms are not canon gang rise up.
Looks aren't canon either. I believe that nobody has ever looked at or has been looked at by anyone ever in the history of ever.
How interesting, though I fail to see what that has to do with looms not being canon.
Okay so Valeyard edited his text to make me look silly, but he originally made a typo and wrote 'looks' instead of looms because he's a meanie pants :(

this should probably be in the unpop opinions thread. I'm not sure why I don't like looms, I just kinda think it rubs me the wrong way however, out of the VNA's I do like the concept of the Other, I know I'm probably the only one who likes it.
Last edited by TheSparrow on Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT πŸ‘‰πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘‰

User avatar
TheSparrow
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:30 pm
Location: My parent's basement.

Re: Theories and Conspiracies

Post by TheSparrow » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:53 pm

Avon wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:48 pm
^ I'd like to believe the War Chief one!

Pete's World divergence is that their was no Rose, therefore, 9 traveled either alone or with someone else, and ultimately would die on the Game Station, as no one broke into the TARDIS and absorbed the vortex and came back for him, either leaving his TARDIS in the future, or left on some curb on some street, ready for Meta Crisis Ten to find and use with Rose. All other divergences including the lack of a monarchy, and the rise of cybermen on Earth rather than Mondas can be chalked up to 9 and 10's absence in Earth's history (for the former, they didn't save Queen Victoria in Tooth and Claw) or just general abnormalities as you get from one parallel Earth to another. I guess, Handy is the multiverse's way of restoring multiversal balance to the force, or something
Ahhh, I've heard of this. Although only from the 'Queen Vic died to the wolf' part. I accept this as canon But like a really cool subtle canon. Maybe this was something we would have gotten from the scrapped Rose Tyler spin off.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT πŸ‘‰πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘‰

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 1782
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: Theories and Conspiracies

Post by Deborah J » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:09 pm

Valeyard wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:31 pm
I believe the War Chief is the Master. Terrence Dicks and Malcolm Hulke heavily implied it in several novelisations and I prefer to take their word for it instead of questionable canon books like the BBC ones. Feel free to disagree, I hope Big Finish will come along and provide an answer someday.
I also hold this theory.
Image

Post Reply