Post by Gek2Win » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:11 am

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:08 am
Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:04 am
DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:02 am

I HAVE PROOF FOR ALL OF THEM.
DID I NOT SAY TO SUPPLY EVIDENCE WHEN YOU EXPLAIN?
Watch Milton Jones perform. Obviously a Time Lord.

Susan cannot die. At least not off screen, with no ceremony.

And the daleks one is a very long theory.
I like your evidence. I think it's conclusive. Chibnall, take notes.

SJF

Re: Theories and Conspiracies

Post by SJF » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:03 pm

I kind of like the idea that Susan is The Woman in The End of Time, because we know she goes to fight in the Time War, and I like the idea that she rises through the ranks due to her reputation and relation to the Doctor and ends up in a high political position during the War, but by the end of it is disgraced by Rassilon as they obviously have two opposing objectives.

Plus someone needs to fill the void left by Romana following her exile.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Pulling one from the vaults, here:

Would the "Cartmel Master Plan" have reconciled the "Morbius Doctors" back into canon?

If in Cartmel's proposed backstory, the Doctor was a "re-looming" of a figure from the days of Rassilon and Omega, that would make all of those faces retconned as Omega's back into legitimacy as past incarnations of the Doctor, would it not?

Just a shame they all looked like BBC employees in fancy dress, rather than Time Lords.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:41 pm

[*]
skifflebits wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Would the "Cartmel Master Plan" have reconciled the "Morbius Doctors" back into canon?

If in Cartmel's proposed backstory, the Doctor was a "re-looming" of a figure from the days of Rassilon and Omega, that would make all of those faces retconned as Omega's back into legitimacy as past incarnations of the Doctor, would it not?

Just a shame they all looked like BBC employees in fancy dress, rather than Time Lords.
Timelords look like humans though, I don't like thinking of morbius doctors as canon, but if they were Id be happy for them to look like philip hinchcliffe, robert holmes, christopher barrie et al, the heroes of the behind the scenes, the makers of doctor who.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:41 pm
[*]
skifflebits wrote:

Timelords look like humans though, I don't like thinking of morbius doctors as canon, but if they were Id be happy for them to look like philip hinchcliffe, robert holmes, christopher barrie et al, the heroes of the behind the scenes, the makers of doctor who.
So, drab blokes as opposed to, say, the statuesque figure of Colin Baker?

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:08 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:48 pm
Deborah J wrote:
[*]
skifflebits wrote:

So, drab blokes as opposed to, say, the statuesque figure of Colin Baker?
Colin Baker is already the doctor though, no wishful thinking needed there.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:32 pm

Deborah J wrote:
[*]
skifflebits wrote:

I also like how Susan is explained with the Other theory. I obviously prefer her being the Doctor's grand daughter, but in the Cartmel story, she was the grand daughter of the Other, and the Doctor felt that she was his grand daughter and took her abord. Probably the only one who likes it, but eh.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:08 pm
Colin Baker is already the doctor though, no wishful thinking needed there.
Not in 1976 he weren't. :)

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:45 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:32 pm
I also like how Susan is explained with the Other theory. I obviously prefer her being the Doctor's grand daughter, but in the Cartmel story, she was the grand daughter of the Other, and the Doctor felt that she was his grand daughter and took her abord. Probably the only one who likes it, but eh.
"The Other" is a fascinating little canon cul-de-sac full of interesting ideas. I'm glad it never got to the point of being "official," but it' is a fun little scenario to mentally kick around.

Interesting, though, the way so many of the details are engineered around the idea that Time Lords -- and the Doctor in particular -- are completely non-sexual. They reproduce not through by the physical interaction of parents, but by "genetic looms." Susan isn't actually the Doctor's granddaughter, but someone left over from a previous time.

It's like the idea of coupling-up is utterly and deliberately swept under the rug.

Move along, people. Nothing to see here. No sex please, we're British. :)

All of which, from a science fiction perspective, is legitimate exploration of an alien culture, but from a human point of view, it's interesting how sterile it all is, and that someone would choose to create a world from that perspective.

SJF

Post by SJF » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:55 pm

The Titan Comics actually tried to retcon the Other into being the Eleventh Doctor travelling back in time to the early days of Gallifrey, which is awful but at the same time I don’t mind it because the whole Gallifrey is sterile and the Doctor is a reincarnation thing.

But hey, at least it’s not the “The Master is Susan’s grandmother” theory.