Who would you cast as the Doctor?

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
Merlin

Re: Who would you cast as the Doctor?

Post by Merlin » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:33 pm

I’d genuinely love a teenage/young doctor. Think of the situations you could put him in! Someone needs to take charge, but who’s going to listen to someone that looks 17/18? Who on earth would believe someone who looks that age that says they’re an alien and 2500+ years old?
This doctor would have to really rely on his skills and intelligence and that fascinates me. It’s just an avenue we’ve never been down before.
No forum, no matter how great, can know it’s destiny. It cannot glimpse his part in the great story that is about to unfold. As it will be for the member arriving at the gates of DWT.net. A lad that will, in time, father the legend. His name: Merlin.

SJF

Post by SJF » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:39 pm

It baffles me that you think a female Doctor doesn’t work but that would.

Valeyard

Post by Valeyard » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:05 am

It’ll never happen now due to how old she is, but I would love to see Angela Lansbury play The Doctor. Just imagine an old lady flying around the universe, having a laugh and being naturally inquisitive about everything. Like with Hartnell, a lot of the action would be left to her companions while she focuses on the more technical aspects and problem solving.

For more realistic options, either James Frain, Adam Godley, Lucy Boynton or Lenora Crichlow.
'Bring back the Vervoids you cowards.'

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:40 am

SJF wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:39 pm
Well it’s been proven that a female doctor doesn’t work but the implications of a much younger Doctor could be fascinating to explore.
No forum, no matter how great, can know it’s destiny. It cannot glimpse his part in the great story that is about to unfold. As it will be for the member arriving at the gates of DWT.net. A lad that will, in time, father the legend. His name: Merlin.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:51 am

Merlin wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:40 am
SJF wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:39 pm
Well it’s been proven that a female doctor doesn’t work but the implications of a much younger Doctor could be fascinating to explore.
To be fair, no part of series 11's failure is because the doctor is a woman.

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:07 am

Other than the dire acting and lack of charm, you mean? Not to mention how the show has changed for the worse?

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:23 am

The dire acting is from the companions. Jodie has off moments, but I can’t help but think if they’re all doing bad then there must be some other factor to it than skill.

TW.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:52 am

I'm not entirely sure what the argument is anymore. The root of the issue is that the stories themselves were flawed, and everything was just the knock-on effect. The dialogue was poor, and the companions acting wasn't up to par, but ultimately I think Jodie can be good at being the doctor, as long as what she says is good too. Remember how people really started linking the Twelfth doctor after the zygon inversion? Acting and dialogue drove that. Jodie just needs a moment like that to cement herself.

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:15 am

Merlin wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:07 am
Other than the dire acting and lack of charm, you mean? Not to mention how the show has changed for the worse?
I don't like Jodie as the Doctor. I don't care if the Doctor is a woman. Just because Jodie is a woman, it doesn't mean that all women would be bad as the Doctor.
i'm boring now

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:22 am

idontremembermylogin wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:15 am
Merlin wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:07 am
I don't like Jodie as the Doctor. I don't care if the Doctor is a woman. Just because Jodie is a woman, it doesn't mean that all women would be bad as the Doctor.
I agree. While I think she could do good, she isn't in series 11.