Series 12 discussion (SPOILERS)

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
DukeNukem 2417

Re: Series 12 discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by DukeNukem 2417 »

SJF wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:15 pm
Actually they immediately collectively agreed that it wasn’t canon, and then promptly had an argument over whether they should cover it on the wiki. Good ole TARDIS wiki.
Oh, for the love of...what is it with wiki editors and admins going on their power trips over something as simple as an inspirational video being canon or not? I almost think algorithms would be more effective :lol:
Through the darkness of future past
the magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds
Fire....walk with me.

SJF

Post by SJF »

DukeNukem 2417 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:19 pm
SJF wrote:
Actually they immediately collectively agreed that it wasn’t canon, and then promptly had an argument over whether they should cover it on the wiki. Good ole TARDIS wiki.
Oh, for the love of...what is it with wiki editors and admins going on their power trips over something as simple as an inspirational video being canon or not? I almost think algorithms would be more effective :lol:
Lord knows. The worst part is that they think they’re justified with all their rules, when really the rules just make no sense and they do whatever they feel like at any given time.

Like just look at what they say is canon and what they say isn’t canon. You’ll see they need mental help.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

SJF wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:27 pm
DukeNukem 2417 wrote:
SJF wrote:
Lord knows. The worst part is that they think they’re justified with all their rules, when really the rules just make no sense and they do whatever they feel like at any given time.

Like just look at what they say is canon and what they say isn’t canon. You’ll see they need mental help.
Urggh! They're going to list this as a Sonataran episode, right?

And don't they know nothing is canon after "An Unearthly Child?"

EDIT: Serious question: Does the TARDIS wiki list *only* canon things? Or can they give themselves the space to list something and say it's just a bit of fun?

SJF

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:30 pm
SJF wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:27 pm
DukeNukem 2417 wrote:

Urggh! They're going to list this as a Sonataran episode, right?

And don't they know nothing is canon after "An Unearthly Child?"

EDIT: Serious question: Does the TARDIS wiki list *only* canon things? Or can they give themselves the space to list something and say it's just a bit of fun?

They claim they don’t believe in “canon” so use a system of Valid and invalid stories, but it basically just equates to them saying “this counts and this doesn’t”.

Honestly I can’t even explain their stance on all this because it’s basically potluck whether they’ll say something is valid or not.

Like they’ve said that this isn’t valid I think because Jodie breaks the fourth wall and filmed it on her phone or something.

But Doctor Who and the Time War is valid because it was released on the BBC website and RTD said it runs parallel to the events of Night of the Doctor.

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

I have a spoiler for Series 12: The monster in the sontaran experiment turns out to be a sontaran

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

greeneggsandspam wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:49 pm
I have a spoiler for Series 12: The monster in the sontaran experiment turns out to be a sontaran
I have it on good authority the Cybermen and Daleks are back, too. :P

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:19 pm
greeneggsandspam wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:49 pm
I have it on good authority the Cybermen and Daleks are back, too. :P
hey now, I haven't gotten that far