greeneggsandspam

Re: Series 12 discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by greeneggsandspam »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:06 am
greeneggsandspam wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:00 am
I dont think Ive seen it
If you watched "Resolution" you basically have. ;)
oh yeah I saw that ok
Eggs gon give it to ya

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Doctor What wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:47 pm
TheSparrow wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:22 pm
SJF wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:54 pm
That’s old news
New one got leaked though, unless you're talking aboutthe ones on Cliff Susp bridge?

Anyway, boom:

Mod edit: leaked image removed
I know we've basically all seen it but just in case somebody hasn't, could you link it rather than directly post it?
Ah sorry mate. Thought we had the 'SPOILERS' in the thread name discussion already. My bad.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

TheSparrow wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:30 pm
Doctor What wrote:
TheSparrow wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:22 pm

New one got leaked though, unless you're talking aboutthe ones on Cliff Susp bridge?

Anyway, boom:

Mod edit: leaked image removed
I know we've basically all seen it but just in case somebody hasn't, could you link it rather than directly post it?
Ah sorry mate. Thought we had the 'SPOILERS' in the thread name discussion already. My bad.
I'd consider spoilers and leaks to be a bit different. Spoilers is more like "don't read if you haven't watched it yet" (you'd think that would be obvious but people still complain if you don't). Leaks are things not officially revealed from upcoming stories, so people may wish to avoid them if they can help it.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Doctor What wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:57 pm
TheSparrow wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:30 pm
Doctor What wrote:

I'd consider spoilers and leaks to be a bit different. Spoilers is more like "don't read if you haven't watched it yet" (you'd think that would be obvious but people still complain if you don't). Leaks are things not officially revealed from upcoming stories, so people may wish to avoid them if they can help it.
That's a bloody good shout. Fairs 👌👌

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Leaks spoil things. Spoilers spoil things. They’re the same thing imo

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

In all fairness this is a discussion that, from the title, sounds like it regards a series that is concluded. I know as of Series 4 the specials became more addendum to the series in progress rather than a glimpse to what came next (Seriously, The Christmas Invasion - Voyage of the Damned are basically intros to their respective series that followed.), but that definitely isn't written law.

So yeah, if I wanted to remain in the dark about the holiday special (whichever holiday it ends up on), I would see how someone would log on here to see how the forum regarded Series 12 and end up met with spoilery bits. (Although, with a title like "Revolution of the Daleks" we're basically dealing with this series' version of Terry Nation referring to "them" until the first cliffhanger reveal. :) )

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Clunky analogy here:

The Whittaker era is reminding me of the Davison era in a lot of ways.

Doctor with an idea that's radical in concept ("younger!"/ "female!") but kind of bland in execution. Some real stand-out stories but overall lackluster storytelling. Baffling instances of bringing up past mythology. Rising fan discontent. Increasing ire at the producer.

I just hope it's not followed by the 21st-century equivalent of Colin Baker.

;)

(Sorry, Colin.)

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:11 pm
Clunky analogy here:

The Whittaker era is reminding me of the Davison era in a lot of ways.

Doctor with an idea that's radical in concept ("younger!"/ "female!") but kind of bland in execution. Some real stand-out stories but overall lackluster storytelling. Baffling instances of bringing up past mythology. Rising fan discontent. Increasing ire at the producer.

I just hope it's not followed by the 21st-century equivalent of Colin Baker.

;)

(Sorry, Colin.)
You forgot "Character development based on 'Tell, don't show' for the Doctor and companions". Inconsistent development across stories. And finally, character traits about companions that are crucial in their debut (Ryan has dyspraxia/Adric has super fast healing, or Graham misses Grace/Nyssa is literally an alien orphan) that rarely resurface or are addressed, if at all.

SJF

Post by SJF »

And like just the companions in general

The one that is pretty decent and gets the most to do in the first Season (Graham / Tegan)
The one that is always there but rarely does anything (Yaz / Nyssa)
The annoying male one that turns against the Doctor (Ryan / Adric)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I don't remember ryan turning against the doctor, when did that happen?