Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
Doctor What

Re: Doctor Who: The Collection Blu-ray Box Sets

Post by Doctor What »

Whovastron wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:41 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:59 pm
The only reason I've avoided ordering the sets directly from the UK is that they tend to have errors of one kind of another that are (mostly) corrected for the US release.

I haven't heard of anything wrong with the S23 set, so I just might consider it.
Wasn’t it just season 12 that had issues? My season 10 is fine

TW.
Season 18 also had issues, they offered replacement disks for The Leisure Hive, I think there was some kind of sound mixing fault. Season 19 also had some minor errors on an extra somewhere from what I remember, but the only three they've done replacements for are the two from Season 12 and the one from Season 18.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Whovastron wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:41 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:59 pm
The only reason I've avoided ordering the sets directly from the UK is that they tend to have errors of one kind of another that are (mostly) corrected for the US release.

I haven't heard of anything wrong with the S23 set, so I just might consider it.
Wasn’t it just season 12 that had issues? My season 10 is fine

TW.
At least Season 12, Season 19, and I seem to remember a complaint or two about Season 18. There's a thread dedicated to it over at GB.

The good news is the company will send you a corrected replacement disc for free if you just ask for it. I don't know how they are about sending discs overseas, though.

Tharileptil

Post by Tharileptil »

skifflebits wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:02 am
At least Season 12, Season 19, and I seem to remember a complaint or two about Season 18. There's a thread dedicated to it over at GB.

The good news is the company will send you a corrected replacement disc for free if you just ask for it. I don't know how they are about sending discs overseas, though.
I've been fortunate not to get any discs with mastering errors, but users on Blu-Ray.com have said the BBC is good about replacing discs for overseas users.

The Season 23 discs do have an issue playing on some Samsung and Sony players, though - my Samsung included. I ended up having to back them up to my NAS as ISOs and have been playing them from there.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Tharileptil wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:37 am
skifflebits wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:02 am

I've been fortunate not to get any discs with mastering errors, but users on Blu-Ray.com have said the BBC is good about replacing discs for overseas users.

The Season 23 discs do have an issue playing on some Samsung and Sony players, though - my Samsung included. I ended up having to back them up to my NAS as ISOs and have been playing them from there.
You're in the US then? The mastering errors on the UK discs are on every copy, not just some. Were the US releases unaffected then?

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Season 12 US required a couple replacement discs. Season 19 US had a problem or two as well, but I've forgotten what they were. I know Season 18 had some problems in the UK, but I'm not sure about the US.

Word on GB is that Season 23 hasn't had any problems, so I may jump on it.

I'm excited to get both the season 23 and 26 boxes. Season 23 because, well, I hate it, so I'm curious to see if the alternate versions improve anything. Season 26 because it's one of my favorites.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

So what do we reckon will be next?
I’d quite love the first Hartnell series.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Merlin wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:10 pm
The downside to any of the 60s serieses is none of them are complete, even counting animations we're still short of at least one story for s1,2 and 3.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:20 pm
Merlin wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:10 pm
The downside to any of the 60s serieses is none of them are complete, even counting animations we're still short of at least one story for s1,2 and 3.
McCoy it is, then.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

I'm thinking another Tom or Pertwee. Season 20 was confirmed at a convention to be in the works so I imagine that will be next year too. Assuming season 26 doesn't get delayed (it's due 23rd of December if I remember right) we'll have had four this year I think (18, 10, 23, 26) so we will probably get the same next year.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Season 14 was the next rumoured one, and those have all been correct so far, so I’m willing to be that that’s next. Then Season 20.

My guess is then another Pertwee Season, possibly Season 11. And finally either Season 1 or 2. They’ve said that they intend to do all Seasons whether they’re complete or not. Marco Polo and The Crusades are the two most unlikely stories to be animated ever, so it’s more the likely that Seasons 1 and 2 will just be released with recons.

They’ll probably hold off on the Troughton sets, because those three seasons are very likely to be complete within the next few years if everything goes to plan.