Time Lord Victorious

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
Doctor What

Time Lord Victorious

Post by Doctor What »

Feel like this needs its own thread since it appears to be across multiple companies and mediums.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/time-l ... -adventure

SJF

Re: Time Lord Victorious

Post by SJF »

Well this looks bad.

Galactic YoYo

Post by Galactic YoYo »

Wonder if this an alternative timeline where an insane 10th Doctor after the events of Waters of Mars, Drunk on power going back to change the events of the Time War and his past selves try to stop him?
"It seems that I am some kind of a Galactic yoyo" Jon Pertwee- The Claws of Axos

SJF

Post by SJF »

Galactic YoYo wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:54 am
Wonder if this an alternative timeline where an insane 10th Doctor after the events of Waters of Mars, Drunk on power going back to change the events of the Time War and his past selves try to stop him?
Nah, it seems to be to do with one of the earlier Time Wars in the Dark Times.

Galactic YoYo

Post by Galactic YoYo »

SJF wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:07 pm
Galactic YoYo wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:54 am
Nah, it seems to be to do with one of the earlier Time Wars in the Dark Times.
even better
"It seems that I am some kind of a Galactic yoyo" Jon Pertwee- The Claws of Axos

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

This very much reminds me of the old Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire project from the 90s:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars ... the_Empire

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

So... aren't the "Dark Times" and the Time War two different things?

SJF

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:50 pm
The Dark Times is just a period in the history of the universe. I don’t think this release is about The Last Great Time War and instead about one of the other Time Wars. Possibly to do with the Great Vampires judging by the bowships on the cover but then they used them in The Last Great Time War too so who knows. It definitely sounds as though this is separate from the RTD Time War though.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

SJF wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:46 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:50 pm
The Dark Times is just a period in the history of the universe. I don’t think this release is about The Last Great Time War and instead about one of the other Time Wars. Possibly to do with the Great Vampires judging by the bowships on the cover but then they used them in The Last Great Time War too so who knows. It definitely sounds as though this is separate from the RTD Time War though.
So... no confusion there. :)

I just remember The Black Scrolls of Rassilon being from The Dark Times, so that's my only reference. So obviously Rassilon was around then.

ANewWatchBegins

Post by ANewWatchBegins »

I'm not sure this is really my thing - I might dip my toe in and investigate some of it once we know more about it. Sure it's amazing for those who want it but personally it sounds like quite a big investment time wise and money wise too.