Re: Time Lord Victorious

Post by TARDIS23 »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:53 pm
Neon Wolf wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:42 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:25 pm
Well, the fanbase is large enough to support Eaglemoss, but they have a different business model selling directly to fans. CO has to get funding from pre-sales to retailers to make the product, so it's a harder road. I don't know if they were approached or not, but I could see why they wouldn't be able to participate.

But who knows, maybe there's a wave targeting the end of the year, they just couldn't commit early enough to put themselves in the press release? (Pure speculation, obviously.)
I'd imagine eaglemoss is minuscule compared to what CO do at their peak although I've never really been into collecting those types of lines so I can't be certain. I imagine part of the 'Limited Edition' gimmick with B&M is that CO are deliberately making far less units because they don't want their product clogging up shelves as it hurts the chances of future waves and it's not a great look for any brand.

If you look at what happened with the Star Wars line after its popularity waned, Hasbro produce less units for the SW brand than they do for their Marvel figures which is why when you have a character who's actually quite popular, like Mando, he sells out and is re released three times because they have to keep going back and producing more (I imagine the recent Ashoka figure will receive the same treatment).

It's possible CO could come onboard the project later with some B&M Dalek sets but I wouldn't expect anything more than paint variants however that's fine by me, personally if it's Daleks I'm in :) .
I agree, the Star Wars Black Series has a great model. Limited release for desirable high quality figures, and then "archive" rereleases for the really popular figures (Yoda, Boba Fett, etc.) that they sold through fast.

With Classic Daleks clearly "on the menu" as well as New Series, I could see Paint variants as an interim set to represent this. Especially with "Revolution of the Daleks" popping up at the same time; Doing SOME kind of Dalek interrim set would be a good move.
I really hope we get that red and silver one from the main image and from one of the newly announced audios even if it has a normal plunger instead of the claw like one.

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

I agree, some of those Dalek colour schemes look great, and I will definitely be attempting some 12" customs if they don't get officially released!

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

Fincon1 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:52 pm
I agree, some of those Dalek colour schemes look great, and I will definitely be attempting some 12" customs if they don't get officially released!
I think I’m already ahead of you here :lol:

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

The new Rassilon...

...looks more like a businessman you'd find hanging around a hotel bar smelling of Axe body spray.

Seriously, BF, if you're going to use the actors faces for the covers, at least break for a hair and make-up artist and some decent lighting. They always look like the actor just popped outside for a smoke and someone snapped a photo on their iPhone.

In fairness,I have no idea what his performance will be like. It could be spectacular.

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf »

They can do some great photoshops which makes these dodgy ones look particularly odd.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

I'm actually in disbelief that's a legit promo photo.

I just joked about how there's better people to do photoshops than me on another thread, and then.....this.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Seriously, with that face he looks like he's wearing a sweater under his ceremonial headgear.

EDIT: Here's the BTS photo of Richard Armitage they used to make the cover.

They somehow managed to photoshop his photo into looking even cheaper than the original.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

Bit confused why this discussion is here, the new Rassilon has nothing to do with Timelord Victorious.

Anyway, in actual news:

Firstly, probably already heard about it, but Titan has revealed the first issue of their involvement in TLV, which has an earlier 10, pre-Waters of Mars, right off the back of one of their crossover events, meeting up with the Daleks, who are appearing for the first time in Titan's comics. Got some pretty cool alternate covers and stuff.

Secondly, DWM has announced their involvement, which will be a comic featuring 9, Rose and the Great Vampires. The first part will be double length and start in a special TLV roadmap supplemental issue that will come with DWM 556. So, yeah, that looks to be 9's involvement in TLV.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

The Outcast wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:38 pm
Bit confused why this discussion is here, the new Rassilon has nothing to do with Timelord Victorious.
Well obviously because I screwed up. DUH!

:)

In other news: Is there a master list of TLV releases out anywhere? Or are they still teasing us with them?

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's still an unannounced TLV audio, right?

Not counting 9 (or 10) out of that yet.