Time Lord Victorious

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
TARDIS23
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 am

Re: Time Lord Victorious

Post by TARDIS23 »

skifflebits wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:38 pm
TARDIS23 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:13 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:08 am
I noticed the books aren't out until October!! So I hope they'll have another press blitz around then.
Yeah they should do definitely I wonder if we’ll get anything else released before those seems odd to announce them first if so though.
That's what I was thinking. Maybe the BBC just wants an active press presence for Doctor Who year round so they announced it six months in advance to keep interest going? Not sure.
Possibly so, hopefully they keep on posting about it in the mean time if that’s the case so people don’t forget. A steady slate of announcements of what’s coming until the first release would be a good idea.

TARDIS23
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 am

Re: Time Lord Victorious

Post by TARDIS23 »

Audios just been announced
He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not

On the desert world of Atharna, the Doctor’s life is about to be changed forever.
Looking to visit one of the Seven Hundred Wonders of the Universe, the Doctor is quickly embroiled in a web of deceit. Worse than that, this Wonder of the Universe is missing, leading the Doctor to encounter one of his most dangerous and duplicitous adversaries.
The Doctor is about to meet Brian.

The Enemy Of My Enemy

The people of Wrax are happy to begin peaceful negotiations with the Dalek Empire. The two species are preparing to engage in an alliance that will last throughout the ages.

The only one who seems to object to this happy union is the Doctor. He knows that you can never trust the Daleks.

But more than that, he knows that the Wraxians should never have existed...

Mutually Assured Destruction

The fallout of the great battle.

Outnumbered and alone, on a Dalek time-ship careering through the vortex, the Doctor must use all his cunning to survive. As the saucer disintegrates around them, the Doctor is trapped with a crew of increasingly desperate Daleks.

Or are the Daleks trapped with him?

Short Trips
Master Thief

The Master wants to plunder one of the most secure vaults in the universe, the Repository. He’s got a plan, and a deadly new weapon to assist him. However, as the Master quickly discovers, getting in might be easy, but getting away with it might cost him everything.

Lesser Evils

The Kotturuh have arrived on the planet Alexis to distribute the gift of the death to its inhabitants. The only person standing in their way is a renegade Time Lord, who has sworn to protect the locals. A Time Lord called the Master...

User avatar
SJF
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: Time Lord Victorious

Post by SJF »

They’ve also teased a very special TLV release that they can’t talk about yet, so that’s obviously Eccleston. There’s no reason not to announce it with everything else otherwise.
Image

TARDIS23
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 am

Re: Time Lord Victorious

Post by TARDIS23 »

SJF wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:17 pm
They’ve also teased a very special TLV release that they can’t talk about yet, so that’s obviously Eccleston. There’s no reason not to announce it with everything else otherwise.
I haven’t seen that what does it say?

User avatar
SJF
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: Time Lord Victorious

Post by SJF »

TARDIS23 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:34 pm
SJF wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:17 pm
They’ve also teased a very special TLV release that they can’t talk about yet, so that’s obviously Eccleston. There’s no reason not to announce it with everything else otherwise.
I haven’t seen that what does it say?
Well just what I’ve said really.

In their news article about the TLV releases they mention at the end that there’s still one more “special release” that they can’t speak about yet.

That paired with the fact that Eccleston’s name appeared on the BF database at the same time all the actors appearing in these TLV stories were added. BF tried to deny Eccleston’s involvement but it just didn’t ring true as they claimed that they put his name in there as a trap for people that went looking.
Image

TARDIS23
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 am

Re: Time Lord Victorious

Post by TARDIS23 »

SJF wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:38 pm
TARDIS23 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:34 pm
SJF wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:17 pm
They’ve also teased a very special TLV release that they can’t talk about yet, so that’s obviously Eccleston. There’s no reason not to announce it with everything else otherwise.
I haven’t seen that what does it say?
Well just what I’ve said really.

In their news article about the TLV releases they mention at the end that there’s still one more “special release” that they can’t speak about yet.

That paired with the fact that Eccleston’s name appeared on the BF database at the same time all the actors appearing in these TLV stories were added. BF tried to deny Eccleston’s involvement but it just didn’t ring true as they claimed that they put his name in there as a trap for people that went looking.
Ahh I see sounds interesting and likely true which I hope it is and hopefully he’ll be open to doing a few more in the future if so.

User avatar
SJF
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: Time Lord Victorious

Post by SJF »

Also, from reading the synopsis it appears that this trilogy leads directly into and possibly overlaps with the Eighth Doctor’s appearance in that TLV book.
Image

TARDIS23
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 am

Re: Time Lord Victorious

Post by TARDIS23 »

SJF wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:48 pm
Also, from reading the synopsis it appears that this trilogy leads directly into and possibly overlaps with the Eighth Doctor’s appearance in that TLV book.
I see these are coming out in October as well as the books so would make sense to get more people to pick up the book to carry on the story. I wonder if other things are going to be released more staggered I kind of hope so as it might be a lot if it’s all released in the same month or so.

User avatar
SJF
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: Time Lord Victorious

Post by SJF »

TARDIS23 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:11 am
SJF wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:48 pm
Also, from reading the synopsis it appears that this trilogy leads directly into and possibly overlaps with the Eighth Doctor’s appearance in that TLV book.
I see these are coming out in October as well as the books so would make sense to get more people to pick up the book to carry on the story. I wonder if other things are going to be released more staggered I kind of hope so as it might be a lot if it’s all released in the same month or so.
It’s all being released between September and January.
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 1858
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Time Lord Victorious

Post by skifflebits »

Some nice new covers here.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020 ... ictorious/

Though I'm guessing the art department is wishing they taken more publicity shots of McGann in that outfit when they did "Night of the Doctor."
Image

Post Reply