Big Finish

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
Doctor What

Big Finish

Post by Doctor What » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:03 pm

Resurrecting an old thread, discuss Big Finish here!

I must admit i've got a large backlog of releases to listen to (i've been busy recently) but i'm now starting to get through them. Currently 3/4 of the way through War Master 2, loving it!

SJF

Re: Big Finish

Post by SJF » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:06 pm

Doctor What wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:03 pm
Resurrecting an old thread, discuss Big Finish here!

I must admit i've got a large backlog of releases to listen to (i've been busy recently) but i'm now starting to get through them. Currently 3/4 of the way through War Master 2, loving it!
Food Machine Jacobi...

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:39 pm

I've downloaded Tales of New Earth to start over the weekend after it came with a free download code in DWM!

SJF

Post by SJF » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:45 am

27EEF069-BF1C-42D7-8017-2B737F12DE5B.jpeg
27EEF069-BF1C-42D7-8017-2B737F12DE5B.jpeg (163.48 KiB) Viewed 2169 times
Bernice Summerfield is back in four new adventures with a Time Lord you could bring home to meet your universe.

5.1 Pride of the Lampian by Alyson Leeds
Bernice Summerfield finds the last relic of a lost civilisation. One that the Doctor is worried may never have existed.

5.2 Clear History by Doris V Sutherland
The people of Civitas-G have retreated into an idyllic recreation of their homeworld. And they’re refusing to believe that it is now breaking down.

5.3 Dead and Breakfast by April McCaffrey
Bernice and the Doctor are trapped on a planet where people who are unusual have a habit of dying. They’re in trouble.

5.4 Burrowed Time by Lani Woodward
Centuries ago the Byrinthians were wiped out. Apart from one underground train which is still travelling the tunnels of this long-dead world. With a passenger on board.

Out September 2019

SJF

Post by SJF » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:28 pm

Katy Manning said on Twitter that she believes Peter Capaldi has recorded some Big Finish.

I’m fairly confident she was mistaken and had just heard about The Twelfth Doctor Chronicles or Short Trips and didn’t realise that he wouldn’t be doing those, but if not then expect a huge announcement by next Saturday.

DukeNukem 2417

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:30 pm

SJF wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:45 am

Bernice Summerfield is back in four new adventures with a Time Lord you could bring home to meet your universe.

Bernice Summerfield finds the last relic of a lost civilisation. One that the Doctor is worried may never have existed.

The people of Civitas-G have retreated into an idyllic recreation of their homeworld. And they’re refusing to believe that it is now breaking down.

Bernice and the Doctor are trapped on a planet where people who are unusual have a habit of dying. They’re in trouble.

Centuries ago the Byrinthians were wiped out. Apart from one underground train which is still travelling the tunnels of this long-dead world. With a passenger on board.

Out September 2019
So Bernice is teaming up with the "Unbound" David Warner Doctor? I'm officially intrigued....
Through the darkness of future past
the magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds
Fire....walk with me.

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:37 pm

SJF wrote:

Out September 2019
Is that a new sonic screwdriver... wholey moley im gonna be busy!
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

SJF

Post by SJF » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:07 pm

DukeNukem 2417 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:30 pm
SJF wrote:

Out September 2019
So Bernice is teaming up with the "Unbound" David Warner Doctor? I'm officially intrigued....
This will be their third series together. The first two featured Benny in the Unbound Universe. The first series focused on them travelling together and experiencing Unbound versions of Classic stories. The second set dealt with the Doctor's role as President of the Universe and his straining relationship with Benny who’s still stuck in the dying Unbound universe and this Boxset will have them back in the Prime Universe.

So yes, the David Warner Doctor now exists in the same universe as all the other ones. Rejoice!

I’d really recommend those first two boxsets by the way, even if you’re not particularly a fan of Big Finish or Benny, they’re some of the strongest stories that have come out of BF and the Benny series. The Sam Kisgart Master also appears if that sweetens the deal.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:09 pm

SJF wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:07 pm

So yes, the David Warner Doctor now exists in the same universe as all the other ones. Rejoice!
Why?

;)
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:18 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:09 pm
SJF wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:07 pm

Why?

;)
If David Warner existed in my universe I'd be pretty happy about that.