Big Finish

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
SJF

Re: Big Finish

Post by SJF »

A cover and more details have been revealed for Dark Universe.
747DC7A0-22C3-4E39-A94D-3824FF2A99FA.jpeg
747DC7A0-22C3-4E39-A94D-3824FF2A99FA.jpeg (186.85 KiB) Viewed 1064 times
So Ace is post Gallifrey and she’s set up A Charitable Earth. It’s set around 2010 as it’s been 20 years since Ace saw the Doctor and last time we saw her was in the Mags trilogy when she was living on earth in 1990.

The Eleven turns Ace against the Doctor as part of his plan because apparently Ace is bitter about the Doctor manipulating her when she was younger.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Interesting. Did BF write this before pr after the Season 26 "Charitable Earth" blu-ray trailer was released?

And not having followed this in the past... Did BF send Ace to Gallifrey in accordance with how Cartmel was planning to send her there in the series?
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

SJF

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:15 pm
Interesting. Did BF write this before pr after the Season 26 "Charitable Earth" blu-ray trailer was released?

And not having followed this in the past... Did BF send Ace to Gallifrey in accordance with how Cartmel was planning to send her there in the series?
Well it’s a bit complicated. They made Season 27 as it was originally supposed to be, and introduced the new companion and everything. But then they had Ace turn down the offer of going to the academy and stayed with the Doctor and the new companion.

Then a few years later they did a Boxset where TV Movie era Seven was travelling with that new companion called Raine, and they’re just like “Oh yeah Ace is on Gallifrey now”

And then she just started appearing in the Gallifrey Spin off for a few series only she ended up joining the CIA (Celestial Intervention Agency. Yes I know) instead of training to become a Time Lord.

Then the Time War broke out and the Doctor’s brother abandoned her on Earth with her memory scrambled to protect her, so she went on to set up A Charitable Earth and crossed over with Class.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

"Complicated" is right. :)

Thanks for the info. There's just too much going on in the BF universe for me to keep track of it. World history is easier to grasp. :)

SJF

Post by SJF »

Class Volumes 3 and 4 have been announced for release in April 2020.

However there’s a twist, two of the characters have been recast.

Introducing:
Dervla Kirwan as Miss Quill
Joanna McGibbon as Tanya Adeola

The six new stories included in the forthcoming Class box sets are as follows:
Volume Three
The Soers’ Ditch by Carl Rowens
Catfish by Kate Thorman
Sweet Nothings by Michael Dennis
Volume Four
Mock by Alfie Shaw
The Creeper by Lizzie Hopley
Queen of Rhodia by Blair Mowat

SJF

Post by SJF »

It’s finally been officially confirmed that Flip and Connie will be back next year in a follow up trilogy to Static.

Also the Sixth Doctor and Peri will be joined by a new male companion called Joe Carnaby in December's main range release: Blood on Santa’s Claw and Other Stories.

Joe Carnaby is a pop star from the 80s whom the Doctor and Peri meet while attending Top of the Pops. He becomes Peri’s boyfriend and joins them on their travels, which are hinted to take place after Peri’s post-Trial return rather than during the original tv run. It’s not clear whether he’s going to be an ongoing companion or if he’s just going to appear in this release.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

SJF wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:18 pm
It’s finally been officially confirmed that Flip and Connie will be back next year in a follow up trilogy to Static.
...and I don't know what any of that means!!

:)

Man, am I out of the loop!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

p.s. Though in all honesty, I really enjoy SJF's updates.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

skifflebits wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:02 pm
p.s. Though in all honesty, I really enjoy SJF's updates.
I do too.
AI is here!!

SJF

Post by SJF »

Basically the Sixth Doctor has about 50 companions that slot in between Peri and Mel.

Two of which will return next year. One is played by Tallulah from Daleks in Manhattan (no sign of Lazlo though, he must still be pegwarming) and is called Constance Clarke, a Wren from Bletchley Park in 1944. The other is Flip Jackson; a chav from London 2012.