Big Finish

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
Galactic YoYo

Re: Big Finish

Post by Galactic YoYo »

SJF wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:18 pm
It’s finally been officially confirmed that Flip and Connie will be back next year in a follow up trilogy to Static.

Also the Sixth Doctor and Peri will be joined by a new male companion called Joe Carnaby in December's main range release: Blood on Santa’s Claw and Other Stories.

Joe Carnaby is a pop star from the 80s whom the Doctor and Peri meet while attending Top of the Pops. He becomes Peri’s boyfriend and joins them on their travels, which are hinted to take place after Peri’s post-Trial return rather than during the original tv run. It’s not clear whether he’s going to be an ongoing companion or if he’s just going to appear in this release.
Seems like a good opportunity to put the original trilogy on offer, please BF :D
"It seems that I am some kind of a Galactic yoyo" Jon Pertwee- The Claws of Axos

SJF

Post by SJF »

Galactic YoYo wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:05 pm
SJF wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:18 pm
It’s finally been officially confirmed that Flip and Connie will be back next year in a follow up trilogy to Static.

Also the Sixth Doctor and Peri will be joined by a new male companion called Joe Carnaby in December's main range release: Blood on Santa’s Claw and Other Stories.

Joe Carnaby is a pop star from the 80s whom the Doctor and Peri meet while attending Top of the Pops. He becomes Peri’s boyfriend and joins them on their travels, which are hinted to take place after Peri’s post-Trial return rather than during the original tv run. It’s not clear whether he’s going to be an ongoing companion or if he’s just going to appear in this release.
Seems like a good opportunity to put the original trilogy on offer, please BF :D
I’ve got them already but damn other people need an opportunity to get that gold cheap.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

Widow's Assassin is actually on offer at the moment.

Galactic YoYo

Post by Galactic YoYo »

The Outcast wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:42 am
Widow's Assassin is actually on offer at the moment.
Yeah bought it yesterday, I meant the Sixie, Flip and Mrs Clarke stories.
"It seems that I am some kind of a Galactic yoyo" Jon Pertwee- The Claws of Axos

SJF

Post by SJF »

Big Finish have just revealed a new Boxset celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Master in January 2021. We don’t know much about it yet, but it will star almost all surviving Master actors. The most obvious omission is James Dreyfus who’s almost definitely been dropped.

Mark Gatiss
Geoffrey Beevers
Eric Roberts
Alex Macqueen
Milo Parker (Big Finish Debut)
Derek Jacobi
John Simm (Big Finish Debut)
Michelle Gomez

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

What did Dreyfus do to be dropped?

SJF

Post by SJF »

DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:10 pm
He was accused of making Transphobic comments on twitter and then when he was called out about it, he acted pretty insolent.

The guy who plays Ben Jackson for BF ended up giving his payment from an audio he did with Dreyfus to the Mermaids UK charity.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

SJF wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:17 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:10 pm
He was accused of making Transphobic comments on twitter and then when he was called out about it, he acted pretty insolent.

The guy who plays Ben Jackson for BF ended up giving his payment from an audio he did with Dreyfus to the Mermaids UK charity.
Oh, well he deserves it then.

Galactic YoYo

Post by Galactic YoYo »

SJF wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:05 pm
Big Finish have just revealed a new Boxset celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Master in January 2021. We don’t know much about it yet, but it will star almost all surviving Master actors. The most obvious omission is James Dreyfus who’s almost definitely been dropped.

Mark Gatiss
Geoffrey Beevers
Eric Roberts
Alex Macqueen
Milo Parker (Big Finish Debut)
Derek Jacobi
John Simm (Big Finish Debut)
Michelle Gomez
I'd be excited, but still no Gordon Tipple :(

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Dare I ask who the heck Milo Parker is?

Wait... Did he play the flashback kid master in Sound of Drums?