Big Finish

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
SJF

Re: Big Finish

Post by SJF »

Tbf, it’s bbc books or whatever in charge of the project and the promo was for everything TLV and didn’t belong to BF, so they wouldn’t really be to blame. Still I believe actual evidence that Eccleston is returning over BF’s shifty new marketing team.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

Like 10, like River Song, well guess what? They're meeting again!

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/12 ... 0532794368

*Also 5 seems to be in it*

TARDIS23

Post by TARDIS23 »

The Outcast wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:43 am
Like 10, like River Song, well guess what? They're meeting again!

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/12 ... 0532794368

*Also 5 seems to be in it*
6 is in it too

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

Yeah, but when I made the post, the news article hadn't been posted yet, and as 6 wasn't on the cover there was no way I could know at that time.

TARDIS23

Post by TARDIS23 »

Fair enough, out of curiosity as I haven’t listened to any of them how do they handle River meeting previous doctors without messing up the timeline? Is it a lot of cases of amnesia or memory wipes?

SJF

Post by SJF »

TARDIS23 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:40 pm
Fair enough, out of curiosity as I haven’t listened to any of them how do they handle River meeting previous doctors without messing up the timeline? Is it a lot of cases of amnesia or memory wipes?
Well she starts off by being really paranoid about meeting earlier Doctors, then she relaxes and thinks it’s fine as long as she wipes their memory by the end (usually with her hallucinogenic lipstick) but eventually she just decides that it doesn’t really matter so much and the universe has a way of working things out.

But that’s generally how BF approach it. Like when Six meets Jack, he implies that he’ll conveniently forget their meeting before his future self meets Jack for the first time or that he’ll just pretend he doesn’t know him. Although he does end up passing out from trauma and that’s implied to be the cause of him forgetting Jack.

MoarCrossovers

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Might as well call 2020 the Year of the Dalek, because there's two more Dalek-themed anthologies, both connected to each other, dropping in October and November respectively.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/davison-vs-daleks
"Uwu! Nyaow I am deth, destwoyer of wurlds!"

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

I'm listening to the War Doctor story "The Thousand Worlds." There's a race in it called the Taaylens."

It's pronounced "Talian."

The problem is, when someone says say "a Taaylen," it sounds exactly like "Italian."

So the Daleks are literally screaming "Scans indicate he is not Italian!!"

:)