Post by Deborah J » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:55 pm

I quite like doctor who, personally. Guess I'm just to #edgy for this thread

BilliePiperFan

Re: Controversial Opinions

Post by BilliePiperFan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:10 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:55 pm
I quite like doctor who, personally. Guess I'm just to #edgy for this thread
I don't have a signature. Sad reacts only.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:20 am

Cards on the table, I hate Doctor Who and I don't collect these weird dollies, I'm here purely for the goats :lol: .

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:22 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:20 am
Cards on the table, I hate Doctor Who and I don't collect these weird dollies, I'm here purely for the goats :lol: .
And the greasy regret, I'm sure. Speaking of, I noticed you added a tom of your own to your signature, but he seemed kind of low-res compared to the rest of it, so I've taken the liberty of digitally enhancing him, hope that wasn't too presumptious of me.

fixed your sig.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:39 am

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:22 am
Danoftardis wrote:
And the greasy regret, I'm sure. Speaking of, I noticed you added a tom of your own to your signature, but he seemed kind of low-res compared to the rest of it, so I've taken the liberty of digitally enhancing him, hope that wasn't too presumptious of me.

fixed your sig.
Oh dear me. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I actually kind of like it. Please help me I must going mad :? .

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:00 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:39 am
Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:22 am
Danoftardis wrote:

fixed your sig.
Oh dear me. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I actually kind of like it. Please help me I must going mad :? .
Huzzah, a man of taste!

BilliePiperFan

Post by BilliePiperFan » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:20 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
I don't blame you. Who doesn't love the goats?
I don't have a signature. Sad reacts only.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:43 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:18 am
SJF wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:04 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:41 pm
I think I mentioned this before the reset, but I happily consider the Cushing films canon. Like I have it all tied together in a way that makes sense, with an answer to every "but what about" type question.
Are the contents of your brain for public consumption?
If you're asking to eat my brain then I'm going to have to think about that and get back to you.

But in all seriousness, it's not a very groundbreaking headcanon, Peter Cushing is old man version of metacrisis doctor. Rose by then has died, their grandchildren were named barbara and susan most likely because their children were raised on bedtime stories of the doctor's old adventures and those name kind of stayed with them, possibly to such a degree that Barbara ended up predisposed towards men called Ian Chesterton. In a deleted scene from Journey's end, the real doctor gave metacrisis doctor a bit of tardis to "grow his own" and in my mind that's just what he did, but it took a very long time, even with the doctor building some of the more mechanical elements himself, he was old by the time he'd done it and with all the hundreds of years of timelord memories in a human brain he'd lost track of why he'd been making it, and quite possibly lost memory of the daleks and other things he'd encountered, that or he pretends not to recognise them because he knows he has to follow through on the same sequence of envents in order to stop the daleks of this universe. And Jackie had a son called Tony between s2 and s4, who would be the doctor's brother in law, thus his children would be the doctor's nephews and nieces, and that's where Louise comes from in the second movie. Bernard Cribbins is a bit harder to pin down, but it's a parallel universe, perhaps he is just the same person, with a different name. There is nothing in the start of that first movie that ties it to being set in the 60s, fashion has a habit of coming around again, so they could have been having something of 60s revival in... idk, 2050 or some such year. The start of the second movie I think more likely is the 60s, though, and the doctor and co are just visiting, at the end of an adventure we didn't get to see.

But yeah, tldr version, Cushing Doctor is old-man Metacrisis Doctor.
I have another one.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:52 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:37 pm
SJF wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:24 pm
Controversial opinion:

Doctor Who is pretty crap tbh
I miss the Doctor Who General wiki. It was a bunch of poeple who agreed on this but stil loved the show.
Why was that taken down? It was good.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Valeyard

Post by Valeyard » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:42 pm

Davros should have only ever appeared in 'Genesis of the Daleks' and stayed dead for the rest of the show's history. His character arc was complete in that story and after that was reduced to an insane inventor who wants to wipe out all other lifeforms in the universe who survives everything against impossible odds.
'Bring back the Vervoids you cowards.'