The 5th Doctor's Timeline

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
SJF

Re: The 5th Doctor's Timeline

Post by SJF » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:01 pm

Yup it’s me again.

So I’ve discovered a few more things. Turns out that there’s actually only two gaps during Season 19.

The first is between Castrovalva and Four to Doomsday, as there’s not really anything that links the two stories, Four to Doomsday does begin with the Doctor trying to get Tegan back to Heathrow but there’s no suggestion that it’s the first time he’s tried.

Four to Doomsday ends with Nyssa collapsing and that leads directly into the beginning of Kinda, with the TARDIS crew helping Nyssa to recover.

Then The Visitation begins with the Doctor telling Adric off for what he did at the end of Kinda, so presumably they haven’t just randomly brought up something Adric did ages ago.

Then Black Orchid begins with Nyssa being wary of going outside after what they’d just done to London, with the Doctor telling her that it would have happened whether they were there or not, so it’s definitely Immediately after The Visitation.

The second gap is between Black Orchid and Earthshock, in fact they suggest that some time may have passed as the Doctor recieves the Black Orchid book in Black Orchid and then has read it by Earthshock.

Divided Loyalties still fits between Visitation and Black Orchid however because the Doctor lets the TARDIS float in space rather than have it materialise somewhere and most of the novel is set in the Toymaker's realm.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 pm

SJF wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:01 pm
The second gap is between Black Orchid and Earthshock, in fact they suggest that some time may have passed as the Doctor recieves the Black Orchid book in Black Orchid and then has read it by Earthshock.
We do know that the doctor can read really fast, though, remember in City of Death when he flicks through a book in about 2 seconds and complains that it got a bit boring in the middle. So it might only have taken him a few seconds to read the black orchid book.

BilliePiperFan

Post by BilliePiperFan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:42 pm

Poor Adric.
I don't have a signature. Sad reacts only.

SJF

Post by SJF » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:55 pm

UPDATE:

I added in a few more short trips and moved some things around. I also added in the DWM Comics run. The reason I put them where I did is because in the Stockbridge Audio Trilogy, The Doctor mentions the events of the comics. The Stockbridge Trilogy is during his solo Travels with Nyssa and the only solo gap that exists before that is when the Doctor drops off Nyssa temporarily in Renaissance of the Daleks.

After doing a bit more research, I found that the Big Finish Full cast Season 19 Stories don’t really make much sense after Black Orchid, or at least the first trilogy anyway as they’re still trying to get Tegan to Heathrow despite the fact she decides she wants to stay by the time of Black Orchid.

So I decided to move a couple of things back between The Visitation and Black Orchid and I guess I’ll just have to work assumption that Nyssa meant recently when she meantioned what they’d just done to London, though that still doesn’t make a whole lot of sense in the context of the conversation.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:11 pm

SJF wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:55 pm
UPDATE:
After doing a bit more research, I found that the Big Finish Full cast Season 19 Stories don’t really make much sense after Black Orchid, or at least the first trilogy anyway as they’re still trying to get Tegan to Heathrow despite the fact she decides she wants to stay by the time of Black Orchid.

So I decided to move a couple of things back between The Visitation and Black Orchid and I guess I’ll just have to work assumption that Nyssa meant recently when she meantioned what they’d just done to London, though that still doesn’t make a whole lot of sense in the context of the conversation.
Hmm... It's almost like Big Finish isn't really canon...

<ducks>

;)
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

SJF

Post by SJF » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:31 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:11 pm
SJF wrote:
UPDATE:

<ducks>

;)
It’s no less contradictory than the New Series is of the Classic so I guess that’s not canon either.

<ducks>

;)

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:39 pm

skifflebits wrote:
SJF wrote:
UPDATE:

<ducks>

;)
BURN THE HERETIC
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

BilliePiperFan

Post by BilliePiperFan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:10 am

skifflebits wrote:
SJF wrote:
UPDATE:

<ducks>

;)
Of course it is and we are waiting on the very much canon Donna everyday adventures series.
I don't have a signature. Sad reacts only.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:39 pm

SJF wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:31 pm
skifflebits wrote:
SJF wrote:
UPDATE:

<ducks>

;)
It’s no less contradictory than the New Series is of the Classic so I guess that’s not canon either.

<ducks>

;)

Or the classic series was of itself.

<too lazy to duck>

;)

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:41 pm

p.s. SJF, when you gonna trim down that huge-ass banner of yours??