3.75" Re-released in 5"?

CaptainJimiPie

3.75" Re-released in 5"?

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:28 pm

Firstly let me just say whilst this thread does concern 5" figures I decided to put it under the 3.75" section as a means of adding a little more to this section.

Secondly, I am well aware what I am about to suggest will never happen, I'm simply making this point for the sake of discussion.

So I was thinking last night about the 3.75" range and how ridiculous and pointless it was (yes I'm not a fan of it) but I did make me think about some of it's redeeming qualities, whilst the figures themselves in the way they were made weren't particular great they still had some great and interesting designs!
And it got me thinking could the way forward for the 5" Collector's/Figure Range be re-released of 3.75" figures but in 5" form.

Personally I'd love to see a Foretold Mummy, Skovox Blizter, New Series versions of Ice Warriors & Zygons, Cybermen but it also got me thinking about other character variants for example.
. TOTD/Deep Breath Clara
. The Caretaker Twelfth Doctor with "backpack machine"
. Green Coated Eleventh Doctor
. Amy Pond costume variants

I know it wouldn't be to everyones tastes but just the New Series Ice Warriors & Cybermen alone would sell well, so it really gets me wondering would 3.75" re-released in 5" form really be such a bad idea in future?

idontremembermylogin

Re: 3.75" Re-released in 5"?

Postby idontremembermylogin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:09 pm

I'd definitely buy 5" Nightmare cybermen and new series Ice Warriors. Definitely good designs, but in most cases they'd have to redo sculpts and that would cost too much.

But I'd rather have series 10 stuff over series 7/8 anyway.
Yes, I live in Dubai. Yes you're right, they don't even sell Doctor Who figures in Dubai.

Judooning

Postby Judooning » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:33 pm

The Foretold would look fantastic in 5" scale.
I think someone once put this question to Al when he was on Twitter. From what he said, too much detail would be lost in the sculpts when upscaling a small figure to a larger figure so it wouldn't work. The equivalent of trying to make a low resolution image bigger. It just doesn't work.
Still, you'd think it would be easier to produce a 5" scale figure with existing plans of some sort than a 5" figure completely from scratch.

But yeah, if that wasn't the case I'd love to see some more of the 3.75" figures in 5" scale. A green coat 11 would be my first choice actually. I love Doctor variants.

Odd Ood

Postby Odd Ood » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:30 pm

The Space suited 12th with Spiders in 5 Inch would be a must have for me.

bad geminton

Postby bad geminton » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:58 pm

The only ones I really wanted that didn't get an upscaled 5" release eventually were the NiS cyberman, the DotD Zygon and the CW ice warrior. I wanted a S7b matt smith, but we got him eventually, and I would have liked a green coat matt, but the 3.75" version of that was terrible.
Do you know who I miss? That guy with the potatoes, let's bring him back...

Spassvogel

Postby Spassvogel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:27 pm

This thread should be in the 5" section.

Return to “3.75" Figures”