Prototype and Unreleased Figures (3.75)

HubertBonisseur

Re: Prototype and Unreleased Figures (3.75)

Postby HubertBonisseur » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 pm

yep, that's the dalek. Just a hand-painted mock-up. Held it my hand though... it was fun.

I don't have that cyberman that you're talking about, but I know which one you mean. It's a deco test production figure if that's the one I've seen.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:28 pm

HubertBonisseur wrote:yep, that's the dalek. Just a hand-painted mock-up. Held it my hand though... it was fun.

I don't have that cyberman that you're talking about, but I know which one you mean. It's a deco test production figure if that's the one I've seen.

Ah my mistake it's timethrow that has that one, I mis-read the names on the posts in the 5" Prototype thread! :lol:

timethrow

Postby timethrow » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:10 pm

This is the Cyberman Variant that was not released, I believe.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/timethrow/

Latest Figures to Arrive:
Thirteen Doctor's Collectors Set, B&M 2016 Wave (all 3 Sets, and both Jo variants).

Most Wanted Figures:
Prototype Fifth Doctors TARDIS

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:33 pm

I assume that's a gunless version of the later, improved one that they released?

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Doctor What wrote:I assume that's a gunless version of the later, improved one that they released?

Yes it seems the release for 3.75" Cyberman variants was

. Series 7 - Cyberman - No Gun, No Blue Chest
. Series 7 - Cyberman - Gun, Blue Chest (later re-released in Wave 4A)
. Series 7 - Cyberman - Gun, No Blue Chest (very limited variant, but was officially released)
. Wave 4B - Danny Pink Cyberman

So thus far (and unlikely to unhappen in future) the gunless version with the blue chest has gone unreleased

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:40 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:. Series 7 - Cyberman - Gun, No Blue Chest (very limited variant, but was officially released)

That, or they forgot to paint some ;)

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:49 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
Doctor What wrote:I assume that's a gunless version of the later, improved one that they released?

. Series 7 - Cyberman - Gun, No Blue Chest (very limited variant, but was officially released)

So thus far (and unlikely to unhappen in future) the gunless version with the blue chest has gone unreleased

When they "re-released" this they actually tweaked the sculpt I think, mainly the body became a bit more upright.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:57 pm

HubertBonisseur wrote:
CaptainJimiPie wrote:. Series 7 - Cyberman - Gun, No Blue Chest (very limited variant, but was officially released)

That, or they forgot to paint some ;)

Well according to Al Dewar, it was a "variant of a variant" of unknown numbers, so most likely a factory error yes haha

Doctor What wrote:
CaptainJimiPie wrote:

When they "re-released" this they actually tweaked the sculpt I think, mainly the body became a bit more upright.

Interesting! I did not know that!

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:13 pm

Comparing them in hand it might actually be that they made the legs longer, not the body. Something certainly changed though because the later one is taller than the original.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:27 pm

In my search for information about my mysterious 5" Tenth Doctor prototype, I managed to find (through a private seller I know who also collects prototypes) some possible 3.75" prototypes!

One is the previously mentioned no gun blue chest cyberman although I'm still waiting for confirmation on that.

However another is the 3.75 Tenth Doctor in spacesuit!
IMG_5966.JPG
IMG_5966.JPG (63.15 KiB) Viewed 90 times

Currently on its way to me in the post, so once I have it I will be doing an in-hand appraisal but all initial indications are that this is a real prototype of the unreleased 3.75" Tenth Doctor Spacesuit figure! :D More to follow soon!

UPDATE : The Tenth Doctor figure has arrived and looks amazing! The Cyberman is also on it's way and I will be making a video on and posting pictures of them later this week! And better still it certainly seems that both are official prototypes, the private seller I know is something of an "expert" in prototype toys so whilst he's not an official source, he is a good honest guy and I trust his judgement :)

Return to “3.75" Figures”