Prototype and Unreleased Figures (3.75)

HubertBonisseur
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Re: Prototype and Unreleased Figures (3.75)

Postby HubertBonisseur » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 pm

yep, that's the dalek. Just a hand-painted mock-up. Held it my hand though... it was fun.

I don't have that cyberman that you're talking about, but I know which one you mean. It's a deco test production figure if that's the one I've seen.

User avatar
CaptainJimiPie
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:36 am

Re: Prototype and Unreleased Figures (3.75)

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:28 pm

HubertBonisseur wrote:yep, that's the dalek. Just a hand-painted mock-up. Held it my hand though... it was fun.

I don't have that cyberman that you're talking about, but I know which one you mean. It's a deco test production figure if that's the one I've seen.


Ah my mistake it's timethrow that has that one, I mis-read the names on the posts in the 5" Prototype thread! :lol:

timethrow
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:11 pm

Re: Prototype and Unreleased Figures (3.75)

Postby timethrow » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:10 pm

This is the Cyberman Variant that was not released, I believe.

Image
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/timethrow/

Latest Figures to Arrive:
Thirteen Doctor's Collectors Set, B&M 2016 Wave (all 3 Sets, and both Jo variants).

Most Wanted Figures:
Prototype Fifth Doctors TARDIS

User avatar
Doctor What
Posts: 850
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:16 pm
Location: Stuck in the sodding time vortex again!

Re: Prototype and Unreleased Figures (3.75)

Postby Doctor What » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:33 pm

I assume that's a gunless version of the later, improved one that they released?
Image

User avatar
CaptainJimiPie
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:36 am

Re: Prototype and Unreleased Figures (3.75)

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Doctor What wrote:I assume that's a gunless version of the later, improved one that they released?


Yes it seems the release for 3.75" Cyberman variants was

. Series 7 - Cyberman - No Gun, No Blue Chest
. Series 7 - Cyberman - Gun, Blue Chest (later re-released in Wave 4A)
. Series 7 - Cyberman - Gun, No Blue Chest (very limited variant, but was officially released)
. Wave 4B - Danny Pink Cyberman

So thus far (and unlikely to unhappen in future) the gunless version with the blue chest has gone unreleased

HubertBonisseur
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Re: Prototype and Unreleased Figures (3.75)

Postby HubertBonisseur » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:40 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:. Series 7 - Cyberman - Gun, No Blue Chest (very limited variant, but was officially released)


That, or they forgot to paint some ;)

User avatar
Doctor What
Posts: 850
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:16 pm
Location: Stuck in the sodding time vortex again!

Re: Prototype and Unreleased Figures (3.75)

Postby Doctor What » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:49 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
Doctor What wrote:I assume that's a gunless version of the later, improved one that they released?


Yes it seems the release for 3.75" Cyberman variants was

. Series 7 - Cyberman - No Gun, No Blue Chest
. Series 7 - Cyberman - Gun, Blue Chest (later re-released in Wave 4A)
. Series 7 - Cyberman - Gun, No Blue Chest (very limited variant, but was officially released)
. Wave 4B - Danny Pink Cyberman

So thus far (and unlikely to unhappen in future) the gunless version with the blue chest has gone unreleased

When they "re-released" this they actually tweaked the sculpt I think, mainly the body became a bit more upright.
Image

User avatar
CaptainJimiPie
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:36 am

Re: Prototype and Unreleased Figures (3.75)

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:57 pm

HubertBonisseur wrote:
CaptainJimiPie wrote:. Series 7 - Cyberman - Gun, No Blue Chest (very limited variant, but was officially released)


That, or they forgot to paint some ;)


Well according to Al Dewar, it was a "variant of a variant" of unknown numbers, so most likely a factory error yes haha

Doctor What wrote:
CaptainJimiPie wrote:
Doctor What wrote:I assume that's a gunless version of the later, improved one that they released?


Yes it seems the release for 3.75" Cyberman variants was

. Series 7 - Cyberman - No Gun, No Blue Chest
. Series 7 - Cyberman - Gun, Blue Chest (later re-released in Wave 4A)
. Series 7 - Cyberman - Gun, No Blue Chest (very limited variant, but was officially released)
. Wave 4B - Danny Pink Cyberman

So thus far (and unlikely to unhappen in future) the gunless version with the blue chest has gone unreleased

When they "re-released" this they actually tweaked the sculpt I think, mainly the body became a bit more upright.


Interesting! I did not know that!

User avatar
Doctor What
Posts: 850
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:16 pm
Location: Stuck in the sodding time vortex again!

Re: Prototype and Unreleased Figures (3.75)

Postby Doctor What » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:13 pm

Comparing them in hand it might actually be that they made the legs longer, not the body. Something certainly changed though because the later one is taller than the original.
Image

User avatar
CaptainJimiPie
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:36 am

Re: Prototype and Unreleased Figures (3.75)

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:27 pm

In my search for information about my mysterious 5" Tenth Doctor prototype, I managed to find (through a private seller I know who also collects prototypes) some possible 3.75" prototypes!

One is the previously mentioned no gun blue chest cyberman although I'm still waiting for confirmation on that.

However another is the 3.75 Tenth Doctor in spacesuit!
IMG_5966.JPG
IMG_5966.JPG (63.15 KiB) Viewed 90 times


Currently on its way to me in the post, so once I have it I will be doing an in-hand appraisal but all initial indications are that this is a real prototype of the unreleased 3.75" Tenth Doctor Spacesuit figure! :D More to follow soon!

UPDATE : The Tenth Doctor figure has arrived and looks amazing! The Cyberman is also on it's way and I will be making a video on and posting pictures of them later this week! And better still it certainly seems that both are official prototypes, the private seller I know is something of an "expert" in prototype toys so whilst he's not an official source, he is a good honest guy and I trust his judgement :)


Return to “3.75" Figures”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests