Post by Deborah J » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:56 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:52 pm
Emperor Omega wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:44 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:54 pm
Surprises to be sure, but welcome ones.
… In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you are under Arrest.
I am the senate.
Hi, the senate, I'm Deborah.

DalekCheese

Re: The "What's Made You FROWN Today?" thread

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:56 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Emperor Omega wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:44 pm

… In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you are under Arrest.
I am the senate.
She’s too dangerous to be left alive!
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Avon

Post by Avon » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:24 pm

Emperor Omega wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:38 pm
This isn't just today, but...

I am a Transformers Collector, when the Doctor Who line is comatose.

I collect the odd character every now & then. Mainly sticking to G1 style. Lately, I've been getting more into the War for Cybertron Trilogy.

But 2 characters I wanted for the line up; Ratchet (The Autobot Medic) & Skywarp (Part of Starscreams Seeker Squadron) aren't available in the UK.

Why not?!

Why is Ratchet exclusive to Walgreens, while Skywarp is exclusive to Amazon US?!
Really daft question, I'm a collector of Marvel Legends and more casually, Star Wars Black series, PR Lightning Collection.., love G1 Transformers too but I only have so much money! :lol: I'm sure you've tried but have you had a look at Forbidden Planet? Absolutely killed me that all of the Fantastic Four, many key variants, Commander Wolffe, etc were Walgreens exclusives too, FP used to charge £35 (!!!!!!!) each for some of the earlier ones last year due to the extra cost of getting them in, but recently have lower that to £21/£22 with the likes of Endgame Cap and Goldar (up to £25 for Fox and Jedi Luke though... :( )

I've also had some luck with ID Toys, Star action figures, Comics and Cocktails, pricey but occasionally A1 Toys with exclusives... no online site anymore but my local FPI got the Amazon Sith trooper (appropriately :lol: ) and my local FP got Palps and a Marvel 3 pack too, which I think were all Amazon US exclusives...? Might be worth a look :)

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Looked on all those sites. I also looked on BBTS, KapowToys, Ami Ami.

Zip! Nada! Bupkis!

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:15 pm

Emperor Omega wrote:

I collect the odd character every now & then. Mainly sticking to G1 style. Lately, I've been getting more into the War for Cybertron Trilogy.

But 2 characters I wanted for the line up; Ratchet (The Autobot Medic) & Skywarp (Part of Starscreams Seeker Squadron) aren't available in the UK.

Why not?!

Why is Ratchet exclusive to Walgreens, while Skywarp is exclusive to Amazon US?!
Ok, so...you may not know me from a hole in the wall, but...at least two people on this board know me well, one person has done voice-chat with me and others have chatted with me on a more acquaintance-type level. I happen to be in the US at the present time. If I can be of service to you in your quest for your characters and use PayPal, then you, my friend, may have a deal. PM me to figure out more and show me the exact figure(s) you require.

Cheers.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:13 am

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:57 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:56 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
I am the senate.
She’s too dangerous to be left alive!
Only a sith deals in absolutes... I shall do what I must!

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:04 am

porcelaingirl wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:15 pm
Emperor Omega wrote:

Why not?!

Ok, so...you may not know me from a hole in the wall, but...at least two people on this board know me well, one person has done voice-chat with me and others have chatted with me on a more acquaintance-type level. I happen to be in the US at the present time. If I can be of service to you in your quest for your characters and use PayPal, then you, my friend, may have a deal. PM me to figure out more and show me the exact figure(s) you require.

Cheers.
Oh, you are a kind soul. This is what this type of forum is all about; helping each other.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:00 pm

I guess Dan popped round my house again today, because the fire alarm went off around 11 this morning and I couldn't get it to stop until about 6:30 tonight. I mean it wasn't blaring that whole time, after maybe an hour with no luck in shutting it up I had to go to the fuse box, turn of the circuit breaker it is on. Which is also the downstairs lights, so we couldn't have them on without bringing back "smokey and the beepbeep's greatest hits". We left the windows open to hopefully clear the room and went into town for the afternoon. Got back about 5ish, I turned the circuit breaker back on, straight back to the beeps. And by then the autumn dusk was already waving its first tendrils over my house, so I couldn't just put the lights circuit off, because we'd need the lights, so I was up on the ladder to unplug the goater. But then we had no smoke alarm, and my mother was instantly paranoid that what if there was a fire. So I had to find the keys to my dad's van, which it turned out he'd gone away with, get the bicicle tire inflater compressor thingy, dismantle the alarm, then blast the everloving goat out of it with the high pressure air. Then I had to put it back together, put off the lights circuit (you know so I didn't electrocute myself rewiring the alarm), put on a lamp so I could see, because it was getting dark by then, refit the alarm...

I'll be honest, the whole thing was kind of a hassle. So thanks, DAN.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:41 am

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:00 pm
It wasn't me! Honest, I know we were responsible last time but yesterday me and the guerrillaboiz were doing our annual manoeuvres on Salisbury plains. While we are highly effective not even we can be in Scotland and Wiltshire at the same time. However if you want us to visit the manufacturers of your smoke alarm we would be happy to do so, the results would be ironic... 🔥

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:27 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:41 am
Deborah J wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:00 pm
It wasn't me! Honest, I know we were responsible last time but yesterday me and the guerrillaboiz were doing our annual manoeuvres on Salisbury plains. While we are highly effective not even we can be in Scotland and Wiltshire at the same time. However if you want us to visit the manufacturers of your smoke alarm we would be happy to do so, the results would be ironic... 🔥
They could save others from death, but not themselves.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.