Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Doctor What

Re: Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Post by Doctor What » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:31 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:56 pm
Looking good. I'm expecting them to do an airborne trooper soon, they have most of the moulds from that purge trooper.
I'd love a couple of 212th airborne troopers, just a shame Cody and the regular 212th trooper aren't easy to find these days! I do have a feeling that they could re-release Cody in the archives series, perhaps with a head under the helmet?

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:47 pm

Since I finally decided to put down the latest reveals, there have been more, both GameStop exclusives;

Jedi Revan
Heavy Battle Droid

These are both under a new line called "Gaming Greats", which I imagine is just what they'll be calling the GameStop exclusives. They are notable for having unique secondary colours on the packaging, purple and brown respectively. I very much like the look of the Heavy Battle Droid.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:28 pm

Scouted out my closest Entertainer today. They do have some great stuff. Deluxe Kylo Ren for £20, Deluxe Rey for £25, Blast Accessories Stormtrooper for £15, couple of the less desirable single releases for about £6, and they did have some 3.75" Black Series and Vintage Collection, but I didn't pay attention to pricing. I'm going to be picking up that Kylo in the near future, love the look of that set. I'm considering Rey, but something's telling me it's not worth it.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:42 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:28 pm
Scouted out my closest Entertainer today. They do have some great stuff. Deluxe Kylo Ren for £20, Deluxe Rey for £25, Blast Accessories Stormtrooper for £15, couple of the less desirable single releases for about £6, and they did have some 3.75" Black Series and Vintage Collection, but I didn't pay attention to pricing. I'm going to be picking up that Kylo in the near future, love the look of that set. I'm considering Rey, but something's telling me it's not worth it.
What’s the Dulexe add to it? I’m not up-to-speed with these, so that was probably a noob question.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:50 pm

Basically, they improved the facial detail (this was pre-photoreal) and gave him a cloth Cape instead of the rubber one of the single release from the Last Jedi. He also came with a helmet, and this and his unlit hilt were diecast. Finally, he came with a large base meant to emulate Snoke's throne room floor. It's officially called "Kylo Ren (Throne Room)". The Rey is similar, but has cloth skirt and wraps, improved paint overall, with again a diecast hilt and diecast blaster. Her base was of a speeder engine crashed on Crait. It was officially called "Rey (Jedi Training). They both also came in nice big boxes that had an opening flap.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:50 pm
Basically, they improved the facial detail (this was pre-photoreal) and gave him a cloth Cape instead of the rubber one of the single release from the Last Jedi. He also came with a helmet, and this and his unlit hilt were diecast. Finally, he came with a large base meant to emulate Snoke's throne room floor. It's officially called "Kylo Ren (Throne Room)". The Rey is similar, but has cloth skirt and wraps, improved paint overall, with again a diecast hilt and diecast blaster. Her base was of a speeder engine crashed on Crait. It was officially called "Rey (Jedi Training). They both also came in nice big boxes that had an opening flap.
Oh, nice.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Avon

Post by Avon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:56 pm

Love that collection shot Doctor! That purge trooper looks incredible, and Fox/Wolffe/Rex look superb together as a unit! Some large Entertainer's, in addition to the above rundown, have the SDCC Empire Han and Mynok set, £29.99, from fifty, I love, love the look of him but do I really want to pay thirty for a Mynock and a cool pointy hand? :lol:

I had to redo the dump bin on Friday, such an nice phrase :lol: with the 3.5 inchers in, they're £3.75 each, out of the "proper" i.e. articulated more than 5 POA figures (which I think every Entertainer is drowning in), aka the old Black Series (confused? :lol: ) we in Birmingham have Clone Wars Mace (who I may just buy simply because he comes with Jango's helmet :lol: ), AOTC Anakin with an extra mechanical arm for an 03 Clone Wars look, Padme, Empire Snowspeeder Wedge, Jedi training Luke, the accompanying Yoda, Empire Vader, C-3PO with removable plating, Leia in Boushh kit, wookie warrior, death star trooper, freshly uncarbonated Han from Jedi and Chewy.

From the newer 3.5 Black Series (mini red packaging) Hoth Han, ep 7 Finn, Yavin Leia, and I think Poe in his X-Wing gear (quite an odd mix). Shockingly, we also got in recently the newer 3.5 retro carded figures, Andor, Enfy's Nest, Solo Han, the Range Trooper and Doctor Aphra, £10 each which is still cheaper than FP by about £6. And Last Jedi Rey, who's £3.79 or something like that. Of course, like most people here I'm only interested in the 6 inchers, but almost for old times sake I've been tempted to pick up a couple of the £3.75 ones for my desk.

For the person asking, definitely Solo Han! He's a superb figure, £10 at Forbidden too

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:18 pm

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/bandai-japa ... ?limit=all

This site has a few figures I can't find elsewhere, they seem to be pretty good from what I can tell. Highlights include Clone Commander Obi-Wan, Kanan and Ahsoka.
SJF wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:51 pm
I always wanted the Ashoka. Wish I’d picked it up when it first came out before the prices skyrocketed.
You may be in luck!

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:47 pm

Doctor What wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:18 pm
https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/bandai-japa ... ?limit=all

This site has a few figures I can't find elsewhere, they seem to be pretty good from what I can tell. Highlights include Clone Commander Obi-Wan, Kanan and Ahsoka.
SJF wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:51 pm
I always wanted the Ashoka. Wish I’d picked it up when it first came out before the prices skyrocketed.
You may be in luck!
Well nevermind about the Obi-Wan, he seems to have gone now :( I shouldn't have hesitated!