Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Doctor What

Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Post by Doctor What »

Since we were taking over newly acquired, here's a thread for the black series. I'm really excited for my Sandtrooper to arrive and to get into this line.

Gek2Win

Re: Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Post by Gek2Win »

There are some pretty good deals on Amazon, especially with some of the older figures. Notably, you can get Krennic and old Luke for less than £9 with free delivery.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Gek2Win wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:49 pm
There are some pretty good deals on Amazon, especially with some of the older figures. Notably, you can get Krennic and old Luke for less than £9 with free delivery.
Do the human characters like that tend to be less popular? Or is it more the army building that gives stuff like clones and stormtroopers more appeal?

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

The real issue is that both those figures were pre-photoreal. Krennic really wasn't a popular character, which didn't help him, and old Luke was released after Photoreal was revealed, meaning that he was less popular being that we knew what was coming. All figures released after Tarkin use Photoreal faces if the have one.

Generally speaking, import companies used to have the monopoly on human characters pre-photoreal. However, since then, Black Series has often looked better, while being at a lower price point. In terms of appeal, I think it's really just some characters that are less popular.

Speaking of import companies, I can't recommend Bandai's model kits enough. They really are lovely. I own their C-3PO, R2-D2, and BB-8 and they are superb. I plan to get their RoTJ Darth Vader, K-2SO, and Stormtrooper soon. The model kits are often as much as a normal Black Series figure, but with better sculpt and accessories, with the downside being you have to build it. That said, if you want to put the time in its really worth it. Plus their C-3PO is chrome. Chrome!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Bandai’s kits are lovely all round.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

They are. The new Rise of Skywalker ones also look nice, although they are more expensive then they used to be. I may get the Kylo, but I'm planning to get the Black Series Throne Room version from the Last Jedi, so I may pass.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Gek2Win wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:53 pm
They are. The new Rise of Skywalker ones also look nice, although they are more expensive then they used to be. I may get the Kylo, but I'm planning to get the Black Series Throne Room version from the Last Jedi, so I may pass.
I’ve never really got into their figures range- I’ve stayed with the ships :lol:

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

After a quick check, Forbidden Planet's online shop have some reasonable deals. Quite a good amount of figures available in general.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Gek2Win wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:45 pm
After a quick check, Forbidden Planet's online shop have some reasonable deals. Quite a good amount of figures available in general.
Most of the ones i've spotted on there look to be the more recent ones. I'll definitely have to pick up a Mandolorian, he looks amazing. What's the deal with these Carbonised variants, just the same but painted metallic? Won't they just be less accurate but shinier and a bit more expensive?

SJF

Post by SJF »

I always wanted the Ashoka. Wish I’d picked it up when it first came out before the prices skyrocketed.