Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Gek2Win

Re: Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Post by Gek2Win »

Teebo, ESB Vader, Ackbar, and Beskar Mando were also revealed.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Need that Vader to go with the 40th Luke. So many good releases coming this year. Between this, Transformers studio series and war for cybertron, and the increased doctor who stuff. My wallet is basically on life support

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Yes, but where's the life-size Babu Frik I've been pining for??

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Not part of the "Black" series, but did you see the Bandai Mando figure?

http://thefwoosh.com/2020/03/bandai-s-h ... -and-info/

Avon

Post by Avon »

Camera's on the fritz a bit, so I only got one shot for now, but here's Dooku!

Some general thoughts:
- Quite possibly, my joint favorite Black series figure, the likeness is stunning, the outfit, height, proportion, detailing, perfection!

- The cape is lovely, the Black Series is the one exception I've developed to soft goods.., its excellently done, sits nicely, two tone, and easily "folds" so you can have it as pictured, or with the ends flipped over with the beige inside showing (like at the beginning of Sith, and I'm sure scenes in Clones), or even pose him holding it ala publicity shots

- the lightsaber is the best I've seen, lots of detail, and the swappable swooosh effect is very effective, I only hope Clones Anakin and Jesus mullet Obi secretly come with them, as any saber wielding character going forward needs this!

- I'm a bit out of the loop with figures, as I cherry pick, but I distinctly feel his joints are experimenting with the new "seemless joints" that are coming in over on Legends, overall he poses very fluidly and feels very, for a lack of a better word, smooth :lol: genuinely fun to pose and edging further into import territory, you can get lots of cool poses with the blade

- He looks stunning not only with other Prequel characters like Anakin and Mace, but especially Jango

Mandalorian really has got me back into Star Wars, I had no idea how expensive some recent ones have become (if anyone knows a place with a decent priced Thrawn let me know :lol: ) but I have a few others on the way I'm looking forward to having at last, which if I can get it working I'll hopefully take some photos of. Loving the new Beskar Mando!

(Star action figures, if anyone's after them, have Padme and Chopper on sale for £8-£9, excellent figures and prices if your after either!)

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Thrawn wasn't too bad on Star last time I checked, but I'm guessing he's out of stock or something now.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Dooku looks absolutely brilliant, although I wish i'd have pre-ordered him since he seems to have sold out pretty much everywhere! I think it's pretty likely he'd be restocked though, and I haven't seen him on Amazon yet, so I think i'll get another chance.

This guy arrived this morning...

Looking a bit like he's plotting my demise...

Really awesome set, although it's certainly not helped my space problem!

He works really well with the Mandalorian as well:

Avon

Post by Avon »

Haha he looks fantastic!! And very sinister :lol: I had no idea he was so articulated, even his toes, and Mando looks great on him (and seeing this, makes me want a Blurrg!), the texturing on the skin looks incredible, so realistic

Found something interesting, I had no idea Yakface had unearthed, possibly the majority of this years stuff via computer codes? I'm going to white out my next bit of rambling, as part of me's glad I read it as it's stopped me buying some things, but I do like the surprise of a reveal so I'll leave it up to people individually if they want "spoilers" - that is if this is true! But they have a good record:

https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2020/01/ ... st-update/

If this is true, it's incredible!! Cad Bane? New Mando figures? Potentially a few new troopers? (hopefully a ROTS clone re-release) I thought TBS would be a bit quiet, but it seems a proverbial storm of stuff I've wanted for ages is coming... I'm skeptical though... I didn't expect all the endor figures for instance together, or so soon.

And potentially, an entire rebels wave of re-releases? Avoiding spoilers, again if its true, I hope Kanan and Ezra at least are retooled for a later season look, I could see Chopper in Imperial colors, and a second chance at Ahsoka, and Ezra of any kind is really welcome, plus Zeb! Also delighted to see Boba potentially in a a third retro empire wave, I stupidly, stupidly passed multiple times till I now, of course, want one and they cost an arm and a leg, so of course I buy a KO from China minutes before I find this list haha. While I'm not surprised to see the new Vader and Hoth trooper repeated, probably to spread cost, I wouldn't be surprised to see them discounted later on (like ANH Vader/death star troopers were)

And I did get a Thrawn!! I passed on him repeatedly as everywhere had him for £12/£13 not long ago, so of course after finishing rebels he's £30 loose/£40 new. Managed to get one for just over £20.., worth every penny. I'm quickly learning with this line that while some stick around (like Mace, which is a surprise), others just vanish and if I want them, get them! Really regret missing Wolffe..

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

I really hope that list turns out to be true, I want so many of those!

Valeyard

Post by Valeyard »

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2020/05/ ... opoly-set/

Reveals of upcoming figures, most of which we knew about already but finally have pictures of!

- Stormtrooper (The Mandalorian)
- Clone Trooper (Kamino)
- Luke and Yoda (Jedi Training)
- Darth Vader (Carbonised)
- Zuckuss and 4-LOM two pack (with switched names matching the Kenner releases)
- Han Solo (Carbonite)

There's also a replica of Boba Fett's prototype helmet all in white which looks pretty neat. Think there are more announcements that are due out leading up to Monday which will be exciting. What's more, you can vote on what figures you want to see in the Black Series Archive line with photoreal head sculpts: https://www.fanthatracks.com/news/colle ... -your-say/