Moderator: porcelaingirl

Gek2Win

Re: Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Post by Gek2Win »

Doctor What wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:37 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:45 pm
After a quick check, Forbidden Planet's online shop have some reasonable deals. Quite a good amount of figures available in general.
Most of the ones i've spotted on there look to be the more recent ones. I'll definitely have to pick up a Mandolorian, he looks amazing. What's the deal with these Carbonised variants, just the same but painted metallic? Won't they just be less accurate but shinier and a bit more expensive?
Yes, I believe so. But I do think that sometimes shiner is nicer. The Sith Trooper especially looks nice Carbonised. I won't be getting any of them myself, however.

Avon

Post by Avon »

That's the deal with the carbonized one's, which looks fantastic on the Sith trooper, not so great on the Mandolorian's cape :lol: . But a nice change, I have to be honest, I thought it was just the packaging. FP do have some good deals, Rey pre photo real for a fiver, and the Inferno squad chap for £11, whose a Gamestop exclusive. Tarkin's £18, very tempting...

Solo Chewy, as an exclusive, isn't £5.50 but £11 at the Entertainer, they found a couple and buying Empire Lando, I had to get him to go with Han! He's amazing, no bowcaster which is a bit of a let down but, it's still a fantastic gun with a real pump action slide to the shaft (no laughing) and a switchy thing on the slide (a cocking handle, I believe). But the colour, and the headsculpt, is so superior to the other Chewie's to me.., he looks brilliant, and he's huge! At least 7, if not 7.5 inches tall, and articulated!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Avon wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:52 pm
That's the deal with the carbonized one's, which looks fantastic on the Sith trooper, not so great on the Mandolorian's cape :lol: . But a nice change, I have to be honest, I thought it was just the packaging. FP do have some good deals, Rey pre photo real for a fiver, and the Inferno squad chap for £11, whose a Gamestop exclusive. Tarkin's £18, very tempting...

Solo Chewy, as an exclusive, isn't £5.50 but £11 at the Entertainer, they found a couple and buying Empire Lando, I had to get him to go with Han! He's amazing, no bowcaster which is a bit of a let down but, it's still a fantastic gun with a real pump action slide to the shaft (no laughing) and a switchy thing on the slide (a cocking handle, I believe). But the colour, and the headsculpt, is so superior to the other Chewie's to me.., he looks brilliant, and he's huge! At least 7, if not 7.5 inches tall, and articulated!
*sniggers*

‘Pump Action’

A merry Christmas to all of you at home!

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:55 pm
Avon wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:52 pm

*sniggers*

‘Pump Action’
Tee hee 😂

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Does anyone here own a Clone Commander Obi-wan and the original ROTS Kenobi? Because if you do, do you know if they heads are swappable? They should be theoretically, but you know what they say about in theory...

Avon

Post by Avon »

I do! And unfortunately, it bobbles about like a dodgy pop vinyl and the skin colour doesn't match, but, ROTS Obi is actually one of the Entertainer's £5.50's, would you believe (and I had no idea, Clone armor Obi's lightsaber plugs into his belt)

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Hmmm... Something to consider...

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Forget black series, I'm definitely picking up the Retro Collection figures. They're just so classic, and not awfully priced. Apparently they're in ASDA.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Traitor! :lol: The retro ones look nice, but I feel they ruined the card with that huge "retro" sticker. That and I'm not too attached, personally. I've seen the Mof in person though (with the board game at my FPI) and he looks cool!

Blurry photo but here's Chewy and Lando with Han:

Super happy (and highly recommend) both! Was surprised this Lando's pre face print tech, the likeness to me is excellent

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Well I went to FPI and The Entertainer today and found a lot of characters I wasn't interested in (a lot of Obi-Wans from EP3, the Rogue One crew etc). FPI had Inferno squad agents for £20 and Commander Fox for £25 but I passed on those for now. I think i'll do some online ordering fairly soon.