Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Whovastron

Re: Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Post by Whovastron »

Gek2Win wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:21 pm
I think you're going to overtake everyone in terms of figures. At least I can be proud of my TIE.
Oh I am in no way proud of how much I’ve spent, I’ve definitely had floodgates opened. To make up for it I’m gonna sell off more of my DW collection, my Transformers masterpieces and some Lego Star Wars stuff.
Doctor Gamer wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:28 pm
Just a quick question. They’ve got two 6 inch black series snoke’s listed with one at £19 and one at £4. Obviously I’d buy the £4 but I’m just wondering why there are two of the same figures listed at such different prices
I’m not sure why but I ordered the cheaper versions of Rey, snoke and praetorian guard and got the correct versions

The only issue with Star is that they take a while to process the order, so it’ll be a good 3 or 4 days before they dispatch

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Whovastron wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:45 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
I think you're going to overtake everyone in terms of figures. At least I can be proud of my TIE.
Oh I am in no way proud of how much I’ve spent, I’ve definitely had floodgates opened. To make up for it I’m gonna sell off more of my DW collection, my Transformers masterpieces and some Lego Star Wars stuff.
Doctor Gamer wrote:
Just a quick question. They’ve got two 6 inch black series snoke’s listed with one at £19 and one at £4. Obviously I’d buy the £4 but I’m just wondering why there are two of the same figures listed at such different prices
I’m not sure why but I ordered the cheaper versions of Rey, snoke and praetorian guard and got the correct versions

The only issue with Star is that they take a while to process the order, so it’ll be a good 3 or 4 days before they dispatch
What might you sell off of your DW?

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:49 pm
Whovastron wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:45 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
Doctor Gamer wrote:

What might you sell off of your DW?
Well I’ve been selling a lot on eBay already, but I might have to delve into stuff that don’t really want rid of as much as others

TW.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

You've certainly gone all in, this line had a similar effect on me, i've bought 25 since about October and they've been really fun to collect. Need to grab that Dewback at some point, the cheapest i've seen it for is £50 which is alright but i'm waiting to see if it might creep down some more. That's the only Sandtrooper I need to have all four variants as well which will look nice on the shelf :D

I may have mentioned this but I have The Mandalorian and Commander Gree on pre-order from Star and it seems they're both due in February which is exciting! I've also nearly finished my small Tatooine diorama I started building last year, so i'll probably take some photos of that when it's done, hopefully in time for the Mandalorian to go in it!

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

I can confirm, got my Snoke from Star Action Figures for £4.95 and was pristine in box. Nothing wrong with it. Same goes for old Luke and Maz, so clearly it's not a fluke.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Doctor What wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:15 pm
You've certainly gone all in, this line had a similar effect on me, i've bought 25 since about October and they've been really fun to collect. Need to grab that Dewback at some point, the cheapest i've seen it for is £50 which is alright but i'm waiting to see if it might creep down some more. That's the only Sandtrooper I need to have all four variants as well which will look nice on the shelf :D

I may have mentioned this but I have The Mandalorian and Commander Gree on pre-order from Star and it seems they're both due in February which is exciting! I've also nearly finished my small Tatooine diorama I started building last year, so i'll probably take some photos of that when it's done, hopefully in time for the Mandalorian to go in it!
I wanna try and do a tatooine display. I currently have a little Lego one with the cantina, some speeders and a Dewback. Hoping to recreate it with the black series. I’d recommend getting the Dewback for £50, it’s £65 in most places

TW.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

So yesterday me and my friends drove an hour and a half so I could pick up a first order tie fighter.... I don’t know why, but for £25 I thought screw it, why not.

It’s...it’s big....it’s very big. I will never understand why they made this damn thing

TW.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

And that's why their first vehicle will be their largest.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Whovastron wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:20 am
So yesterday me and my friends drove an hour and a half so I could pick up a first order tie fighter.... I don’t know why, but for £25 I thought screw it, why not.

It’s...it’s big....it’s very big. I will never understand why they made this damn thing

TW.
That seems like a very good price looking at ebay! I'm surprised they've never done an imperial one, or even a smaller ship like an A wing or a Jedi starfighter.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

As I understand it, they were scared off by the limited sales of this Tie Fighter, and so have only done speeders and other small vehicles since.