Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Doctor What

Re: Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Post by Doctor What »

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:43 pm
As I understand it, they were scared off by the limited sales of this Tie Fighter, and so have only done speeders and other small vehicles since.
Ah I guess that would make sense, I can't imagine impractically large and expensive items are great sellers.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Finally finished off my diorama:

The whole thing was initially made from foamboard and stuck together with PVA glue. It was then textured using some powder filler I got from B&Q, and then painted with sand acrylic paint, followed by a brown wash. I found the door and doorway designs on Thingiverse already in the right scale so I 3D printed those. The buttons are my own design that I 3D printed, based on screengrabs from the film.

And because of the similar scale, it fits the 5 inch Doctor Who figures quite nicely too!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Very nice! Wish I could do that, haha.... That last shot looks great, you could do some nice atmospheric pictures with it.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

That looks awesome! I’d love to do that sorta thing with with my display

TW.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Thanks guys :D Now I just need somewhere to actually put it :lol:

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Love that, my guy.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Incredible work!! The texturing's stunning, love the subtle weathering on the door, and the entire set up looks brilliant with both your Sandtroopers and Who figures!

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

So here’s my collection so far, along with my transformers studio series and Doctor who display for good measure (gotta redo those top 2 shelves, and ignore the Hogwarts express, I gotta move that)

Pretty proud of how it’s looking, I’ve kinda gone full insane mode in getting everything, but I’ve forgotten how much I love action figures, with DW stuff being few and far between, I’ve missed how fun it is to open up figures and pose them and display them. I plan to stick around with this line for a while.

TW.
Attachments
697865EE-AE7A-4C52-BE48-B3874C3C48D2.jpeg
697865EE-AE7A-4C52-BE48-B3874C3C48D2.jpeg (118.04 KiB) Viewed 5172 times
5DA87CEA-7DF5-4D21-B8F4-60CD3DE02749.jpeg
5DA87CEA-7DF5-4D21-B8F4-60CD3DE02749.jpeg (121.1 KiB) Viewed 5172 times

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

That collection is looking extremely nice! Love the little "mini displays" like Ach-to and the throne room.
TheSparrow wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:11 pm
Love that, my guy.
Avon wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:50 pm
Incredible work!! The texturing's stunning, love the subtle weathering on the door, and the entire set up looks brilliant with both your Sandtroopers and Who figures!
Thanks guys :D

The door is actually one bit I wasn't quite happy with, the "weathering" is more a result of me just chucking different shades of brown at it until I found one I liked :lol: it's closer to a reddish clay colour in the films so I might repaint it at some point.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

FYI, we're getting a new batch of 40th anniversary figures for Empire Strikes Back, along with a deluxe Probe Droid. I'm excited.