Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Valeyard

Re: Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Post by Valeyard »

Been meaning to post pics of my growing collection, so here we are! Gonna order Zuckuss and 4-LOM soon to add to it!

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Ah you're building your bounty hunter collection! I've got Boba and Bossk so far and i'll probably get IG88 soon, i've been unable to find Dengar or 4LOM the last couple of weeks, they seem to have disappeared from everywhere.

Valeyard

Post by Valeyard »

Doctor What wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:35 pm
Ah you're building your bounty hunter collection! I've got Boba and Bossk so far and i'll probably get IG88 soon, i've been unable to find Dengar or 4LOM the last couple of weeks, they seem to have disappeared from everywhere.
4-LOM is on Amazon UK for a decent price. I got my Dengar on eBay for more than I should have :lol: Lovely figure though, if you can find it for a decent price, then definitely nab it.

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega »

For my ESB Bounty Hunter line up, I have:

Boba Fett
IG-88
4-LOM

Bossk is on his way.

By the way, did anyone else have problems with the rubber covers on IG-88s arms?

To sum up, mine were in the bent position for so long that the rubber dried out & stuck to itself.

Valeyard

Post by Valeyard »

Emperor Omega wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:06 pm
By the way, did anyone else have problems with the rubber covers on IG-88s arms?

To sum up, mine were in the bent position for so long that the rubber dried out & stuck to itself.
Do you have the original or Archive release? From what I've watched, that issue only applies to the original version. I don't put IG-88 in poses as mine has trouble standing when not in the basic pose, so I've barely bent the arms at all.

SJF

Post by SJF »

I hope they do a general release of Hondo Ohnaka, I’d kill for one of him.

I also wouldn’t say no to Ahsoka and Maul from The Siege of Mandalore, or Rex from Rebels or the Battle of Endor.

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega »

Valeyard wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:04 pm
Do you have the original or Archive release? From what I've watched, that issue only applies to the original version. I don't put IG-88 in poses as mine has trouble standing when not in the basic pose, so I've barely bent the arms at all.
It was the Archive version. :| I bought it from FP in January last year.

I managed to get then unstuck, but it looks like it's starting to crack on the edges.

Valeyard

Post by Valeyard »

Emperor Omega wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:48 pm
Valeyard wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:04 pm
It was the Archive version. :| I bought it from FP in January last year.

I managed to get then unstuck, but it looks like it's starting to crack on the edges.
Ah, I see. Could be that you got unlucky with yours. The cracks at the edges are normal, happens to a lot of the IG-88 figures over time, especially if you bend the arms a lot and change the pose.
SJF wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:29 pm
I also wouldn’t say no to Ahsoka and Maul from The Siege of Mandalore, or Rex from Rebels or the Battle of Endor.
I’m baffled that SoM Ahsoka and Maul aren’t part of any waves this year (that we know of). I would’ve thought they’d try to tie them in with Clone Wars Season 7 releasing, but I guess not. Hopefully we’ll get them eventually since their best designs are in that season.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

I'm also baffled by the lack of Clone Wars season 7 figures, I mean even the new upcoming clone is a Kamino one from season 6, surely would have made more sense to do an Ahsoka trooper.

Valeyard

Post by Valeyard »

Doctor What wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:03 pm
I'm also baffled by the lack of Clone Wars season 7 figures, I mean even the new upcoming clone is a Kamino one from season 6, surely would have made more sense to do an Ahsoka trooper.
I’m really happy with what we have coming in the new waves, but I would honestly have an Ahsoka Trooper over Ackbar. Really hope we see one, as well as S7 Maul and Ahsoka sooner rather than later.