Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Doctor What

Re: Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Post by Doctor What »

I should have my four from wave 26 (Clone, Stormtrooper, Vader and Mando) on the way soon, as well as the new Jango Fett and a Heavy Mandalorian! It's been quite a year for collecting this year!

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Doctor What wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:03 am
I should have my four from wave 26 (Clone, Stormtrooper, Vader and Mando) on the way soon, as well as the new Jango Fett and a Heavy Mandalorian! It's been quite a year for collecting this year!
The heavy Mando is such an awesome figure. The mandalorian line probably has the best figures. Apparently soon they’re rereleasing all of them under a new exclusive sub-theme.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Finally got Wave 26 today. Paid for parcelforce next day but InDemand sent it regular postage. Fuming tbh.

Anyway, mixed feelings about this wave. A fair bit of QC issues.
Vader is really good, tons of articulation, but QC-wise there’s some areas where there’s visible glue residue, looks weird around one of the shoulders and it’s like he’s been sprayed white.
Kamino Clone and Stormie are both brilliant. Only issues are that there’s a fair few scuffs and odd paint splashed on the white plastic (weird green mark on one of my stormie heads) not really a new issue but sucks to see it. The helmets also don’t seem to be glued on straight anywhere. It’s not horrible and makes sense considering it’s literally just glued onto a head, but still kinda sucks if you’re trying to make them all look straight.
Ackbar suffers from markings on the white too, but it’s a nice figure. Nothing really to him but it’s nice.
The Ewok is pretty good, not a huge ewok fan but he’s nicely detailed with good accessories.

Overall decent wave, it’s a shame to see these QC issues though after a recent home run in quality with the galaxies edge wave, Cad Bane and wave 25.

Oh my rebels also came, pretty great all round. Kanan looks amazing now, such an improvement. Sabine also looks superb. Ahsoka and Hera I had to really think about which version I wanted to keep, I like the eyes on the old Hera and the new Ahsoka’s eyes are very dark, almost hard to distinguish against her skin. I did have a major issue with Sabine, her arm joint was super stuck and no heating up helped, ended up just breaking her arm so I’ve had to order another...

SJF

Post by SJF »

My Sabine was fine, although her head join ended up becoming a little bit loose because the helmet is so tight to get on and off.

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf »

SJF wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:54 pm
My Sabine was fine, although her head join ended up becoming a little bit loose because the helmet is so tight to get on and off.
This line really needs to go with interchangeable heads as oppose to removable helmets, they're to big and scuff the paint off the face underneath.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Heads up for everyone. Either today or tomorrow evening (about 9-10pm) there’ll be a bunch of new preorders going up. This will likely be Wave 27, the Holiday figures and potentially Wave 28.

On Monday at 12pm the SDCC and Pulsecon exclusives will
Go up for in-stock order too.

For people who don’t know what theses waves and such are:
Wave 27:
Luke (Endor)
Han (Endor)
Leia (Endor)
Cad Bane
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Phase 1 Clone Trooper
The Armourer
Incinerator Stormtrooper
Wave 28:
Moff Gideon
Kuiil
Greef Karga
Dark side Rey

The exclusives are ‘Heroes of Endor’ with Han, Luke, Leia, Paploo the Ewok and a Speeder Bike. And retro packaging Wampa

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

So many new reveals at Hascon!

2021 Archive Wave:
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Clone Commander Cody
Hoth Luke

Deluxes:
Jar Jar Binks
Boba Fett (ROTJ) with accessories
The Armourer with accessories

Also pics of Dark side Rey and holiday troopers

Valeyard

Post by Valeyard »

Managed to acquire a Rebels Ahsoka, should be arriving in the next few days :)

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf »

Received some figures today,

-Beskar Mandalorian
-Gaming Greats Jango Fett
-Stormtrooper X2

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Recently arrived:

Beskar Mando
EP5 Vader
Stormtrooper
Kamino Clone
Gaming Greats Jango Fett
Clone Lieutenant
Heavy Mandalorian

Have we all seen that gaming greats Fallen Order Scout Trooper? I'll probably pick that up along with the electrostaff purge trooper.