Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Whovastron

Re: Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Post by Whovastron »

I’m fairly certain that the archive wave will be like the Galaxies adage exclusives, they go up for order from stock rather than preorder. Should be out in jan.
Gotta jump on that Cody!

SJF

Post by SJF »

I’ll definitely get the Thrawn then.

Hopefully they can throw Rex, Bespin Escape Leia, Clone Wars Obi Wan, Cal Kestis and the Second Sister into some future waves. Unlikely but I can dream.

SJF

Post by SJF »

I keep saying I don’t want a big collection...

And then I go and impulse buy a load of new figures.

I’ve now got Endor Luke, Han and Leia on order. I’m also being tempted by that 40th Anniversary Lando.

SJF

Post by SJF »

I see that the Archive wave has started going up for preorder in some places in the US, so it’s worth keeping an eye out. Although I don’t think they’re actually supposed to go up for preorder until Monday.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Seems like Din and Grogu are shipping out from Smyths now. And they’re honouring their £20 blunder

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Whovastron wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:38 pm
Seems like Din and Grogu are shipping out from Smyths now. And they’re honouring their £20 blunder
I got an email today that mine is ready for dispatch. What was their blunder?

SJF

Post by SJF »

Doctor What wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:52 pm
Whovastron wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:38 pm
I got an email today that mine is ready for dispatch. What was their blunder?
At a guess I’d say it sounds like they put it up for sale for £20 instead of what £27 or £30 however much it’s supposed to be.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Mando and Grogu arrived from Smyths today. I think the face is alright but what bugs me is how the helmet sits, it doesn't quite go on far enough to cover his chin completely. Luckily I intended to put my own cloth cape on him anyway to have the jetpack on so it mostly covers it.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Doctor What wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:40 pm
Mando and Grogu arrived from Smyths today. I think the face is alright but what bugs me is how the helmet sits, it doesn't quite go on far enough to cover his chin completely. Luckily I intended to put my own cloth cape on him anyway to have the jetpack on so it mostly covers it.
Would you say it worth a buy if you’ve already got a Mando and Grogu?

I was thinking about it, as Grogu’s chair was tempting me but I’m not sure if I should bother. Tbh I’m happy enough with the figures I already have, it’s just the chair I mainly want. So that’s probably answering my own question.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

SJF wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:24 pm
Doctor What wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:40 pm
Would you say it worth a buy if you’ve already got a Mando and Grogu?

I was thinking about it, as Grogu’s chair was tempting me but I’m not sure if I should bother. Tbh I’m happy enough with the figures I already have, it’s just the chair I mainly want. So that’s probably answering my own question.
The beskar and tracking fob are cool but not really essential. I'd say the single release Grogu is superior, this one is much more static. The chair is nice but neither of the Grogus can really lie down in it that well, they look better standing. So it mostly comes down to how desperate you are for a chair right now and how much you care about unmasked Din.