Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Whovastron

Re: Star Wars Black Series Discussion

Post by Whovastron »

Can’t believe every time a regular wave preorder goes up people clog up the sites. The only stuff that goes out of stock straight away is exclusives. Bo will be up for preorder for months yet. I’ve already got that wave ordered, but I’d like to get a couple shoretroopers

SJF

Post by SJF »

My Endor Luke, Leia and Han figures arrived yesterday. They’re really great actually. Han is a bit red in the face but other than that I think he looks perfect.

I’m displaying them without the Endor gear, which is okay but soft goods are always a bit dodgy.

I don’t think I’ll need another Han as this one is basically perfect to me. Same with Luke really. Although a Crait or Leia Training Luke could probably tempt me. As for Leia, well I’ve got the Hoth version on the way and I’d kill for a Bespin Escape rerelease or Jedi Training version.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

My Scout trooper and Speeder set was dispatched by Amazon today, due to arrive tomorrow!

Avon

Post by Avon »

Really got back into this line after Mando season 2 after being so busy with other stuff, spent the last few weeks moping up ones I missed or I was on the fence on, saving them all for tomorrow! It's like 1980 under my tree with retro Empire stuff :lol:

If your still after the new Empire Lando, Zoom have him for £10, they've got some other good deals, and free postage at £30 which works out nice. Really didn't feel like I needed him as I still thought the older one held up well, could resist at £10, and god, was I wrong and was he worth the upgrade! A bit more of a serious expression but excellent all round, can't wait to open him up

Comics and Cocktails also have the third retro Empire wave (Vader/Boba/Chewie/Snowtrooper/training Luke) for £60, which works out at £12 each with free postage.

Forbidden Planet International (Aka other forbidden planet) also have the clone wars ahsoka in, stock varies store to store so your mileage may vary. I don't know how much, but I'm guessing £25, and around a fiver postage for home delivery which is how much my Jango cost from them, obviously £30's a lot but I know a lot of folks are after her. A few sites like Kapow and Geekbox UK have also had random and sporadic restocks of singles from that wave (need that Maul Mando!), none at the moment, but might be worth keeping an eye out.

With Mando's helmet.., it's a bit hard to describe but I've angled it down, so his hair sticks out the back a bit more (which I don't so mind) but his chin is -just- covered, looks a bit better at least. Still on the fence with that speederbike though... so tempting!

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf »

Think I'll probably stick to a modest collection of these with just the characters who've appeared in live action. I'm veering more towards the vintage collection right now as part of my love for the Star Wars line has always been the ships and vehicles.

Got the red 5 X Wing on the way and the haslab Razor Crest at the end of the year, might have to try and track down some of the other vehicles too.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

The Cody Archive wave is on Star Action figures now :D

SJF

Post by SJF »

It took its time. I ordered Thrawn. Cody was tempting but I’m not really that bothered about Clones. I’d kill for a Rex though.

SJF

Post by SJF »

There’s a Season 7 Maul coming...but it’s only 3.75” :(

Also a huge shame that it seems we’re getting a Koska Reeves figure soon but no sign of a Mando Ahsoka.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

SJF wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:48 pm
There’s a Season 7 Maul coming...but it’s only 3.75” :(

Also a huge shame that it seems we’re getting a Koska Reeves figure soon but no sign of a Mando Ahsoka.
Ahsoka getting her own show. So a figure will definitely be coming, probably with box art relating to that show rather than Mando, so probably not until next year

SJF

Post by SJF »

Literally just commenting in this thread so it doesn’t get junked.

The Wrecker figure looks good though.