The General Chat Thread of Discussion (spoilers & opinions- beware!)

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Merlin

The General Chat Thread of Discussion (spoilers & opinions- beware!)

Post by Merlin »

Okay, so I figured it was time to start up this thread as a big massive chat-ty talk show-y sort of thread.
The idea is, that if any thread is going off topic, the mods can copy the posts and then stick them in here, basically. Allowing people to continue their chain of thoughts and discussion, making sure it flows rather than than just deleting X, Y and Z because it’s either off topic, someone’s opinion, or purely just in the wrong place. I see a lot of off topic stuff every so often, so in the same vein as that, I’d like to ask you to all adopt this... approach, I think that’s the right word... to various bits and bobs on the forum.

So if a topic is going off piste, and the discussion is continuing, just quote the discussion, and then write “Continued in The General Chat Thread of Discussion, BOT” or “Copied to GCTD, Back On Topic Guys! :P” or something nice like that.
M’kay, y’all? ;)

I think this thread is a wise future investment, and hopefully can be used to encourage discussion of topics away from various threads where the discussion needn’t be! :D

DalekCheese

Re: The General Chat Thread of Discussion (spoilers & opinions- beware!)

Post by DalekCheese »

Good plan

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Also, if anyone wants to go into series 12/13 whatever theories that have become so extreme and spun off from the original discussion (looking at you, Sarah Sutton fans!), or have discussions about any celebrity or personality or whomever (Caroline Flack... jeez... am I right guys?), in here just remember: YOUR OPINION IS VALID!
No China-ising and deleting opinions or whatever, because in here, everyone can have their say.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Apart from CJP. No one mention CJP!

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Who's CJP?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

CaptainJimiPie- hugely talented customiser, but a bit of a d*ickhead. So, whenever he’s mentioned, it descended into insulting him, and then the mods come and tell us to play nicely. So it’s better for us all if we don’t mention him in the first place :)

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

I was joking, I know who he is. Although it does confuse me why he's so hated, to that point, but I won't worry about it because this is going to lead to the very issue if I do.

Also my bad. That joke should have been clearer/better.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Gek2Win wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:56 pm
I was joking, I know who he is. Although it does confuse me why he's so hated, to that point, but I won't worry about it because this is going to lead to the very issue if I do.

Also my bad. That joke should have been clearer/better.
Well this isn’t going to descend into a bashing thread, as I won’t let it (not like I can say “BOT” though :lol: ;) ) but hilarious here WOULD be the place to discuss him :lol:

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

This is a good idea and solves the problem that bugs me when it comes to off topic posts. If I want to reply I have to do it where the original post is, I have often wished there was a thread like this so I could happily continue something without vexing people. So yes I will defo adopt this 'approach'.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Nice idea for a thread!