The General Chat Thread of Discussion (spoilers & opinions- beware!)

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Merlin

Re: The General Chat Thread of Discussion (spoilers & opinions- beware!)

Post by Merlin »

Neon Wolf wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:34 pm
There's zero point to the sub reddit, you're making a forum to discuss a forum. The only people to really use it tend to be the trouble makers who want to mouth off somewhere out of the mods reach. Personally I'd advise you to steer clear but if you decide to jump over and it kicks off then don't bring that rubbish over here.
I don’t particularly do this too often, but I’m gonna just jump in and defend DalekCheese right now. I can’t say he’s a trouble maker, and as someone else who’s used it, I can’t say I’m a trouble maker either. So with the greatest respect in the world, think before you speak. :P

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

My thoughts exactly, if that doesn’t seem too mutinous.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:46 am
We agreed in the same thread and it wasn’t a spam post?

DalekCheese, by any chance did a flying pig go past your window too? ;) :lol:

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf »

Merlin wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:41 am
Neon Wolf wrote:
There's zero point to the sub reddit, you're making a forum to discuss a forum. The only people to really use it tend to be the trouble makers who want to mouth off somewhere out of the mods reach. Personally I'd advise you to steer clear but if you decide to jump over and it kicks off then don't bring that rubbish over here.
I don’t particularly do this too often, but I’m gonna just jump in and defend DalekCheese right now. I can’t say he’s a trouble maker, and as someone else who’s used it, I can’t say I’m a trouble maker either. So with the greatest respect in the world, think before you speak. :P
Read carefully "tend to be", just take a look and what do you see? IKNDWTs berating people and posting that prototype image that got us into a lot of trouble a few years back when it was posted on the forum. The picture was removed because Al asked us to as it contains products that weren't meant to be released to the public (due to licensing etc).

I'll state again, this idea of having a sub reddit is completely pointless! A forum to discuss a forum is the most asinine thing I've seen in a while (You're even duplicating the threads?) and IKNDWTs is just using it because there's not a chance he'll ever be allowed back on here with his repeated bad behaviour.

The reason I'm saying this is because it's happened before multiple times. Trouble will kick off over there and then (because it shares the exact same user base as this forum) it'll blow back here.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Merlin wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:11 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:46 am
We agreed in the same thread and it wasn’t a spam post?
I now pronounce you Sorcerer and Dairy Product, you may kiss the cheese. My present to you both shall be a extra large tin of SPAM.

Let this message show future generations that peace can achieved! You just have to believe. :lol:

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Neon Wolf wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:48 pm
Merlin wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:41 am
Neon Wolf wrote:
Read carefully "tend to be", just take a look and what do you see? IKNDWTs berating people and posting that prototype image that got us into a lot of trouble a few years back when it was posted on the forum. The picture was removed because Al asked us to as it contains products that weren't meant to be released to the public (due to licensing etc).

I'll state again, this idea of having a sub reddit is completely pointless! A forum to discuss a forum is the most asinine thing I've seen in a while (You're even duplicating the threads?) and IKNDWTs is just using it because there's not a chance he'll ever be allowed back on here with his repeated bad behaviour.

The reason I'm saying this is because it's happened before multiple times. Trouble will kick off over there and then (because it shares the exact same user base as this forum) it'll blow back here.
I mean, I’ve just been back on there, and he literally writes a post about returning to the forum.
If he wanted to join again, he probably just would? I mean, didn’t he join again right at the start of this version of the forum??
When he was around before I personally don’t remember him being that bad. Sure he was rude and a bit opinionated and generally a twat, but so were other people. He was no worse than CJP or KarenGillanFan or the Eternal Dalek...
Still, I can half see what you’re saying, but at the same time, even though some posts are his, why not try and just drown out the bad posts with more positivity?

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf »

IKNDWTs is the definition of a narcissist and is a complete fantasist to boot. He was always manipulating people behind the scenes in PMs, playing them off against each other and starting arguments. The weirdest thing he ever did was create a fake girlfriend who he claimed worked for Al Dewar, he then made an account for this imaginary girlfriend and had long conversations with himself. We could tell it was him because they both shared the same IP address and at some points he'd accidentally post from the wrong account.

I've lost track of just how many chances we gave him but the outcome was always the same which is why he got the lifetime ban.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Neon Wolf wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:23 am
IKNDWTs is the definition of a narcissist and is a complete fantasist to boot. He was always manipulating people behind the scenes in PMs, playing them off against each other and starting arguments. The weirdest thing he ever did was create a fake girlfriend who he claimed worked for Al Dewar, he then made an account for this imaginary girlfriend and had long conversations with himself. We could tell it was him because they both shared the same IP address and at some points he'd accidentally post from the wrong account.

I've lost track of just how many chances we gave him but the outcome was always the same which is why he got the lifetime ban.
As hilarious as that sounds I was literally there for those exact arguments, and I’m pretty sure it’s even in the forum timeline that that wasn’t actually fully what happened.
Either way, no more narcissistic than others who were around at the time.
Still, I like the reddit. It’s cute. :lol:

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Where is the timeline?! People keep mentioning it, but where is it?!?!

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:52 am
Where is the timeline?! People keep mentioning it, but where is it?!?!
If DukeNukem is still active, he’s your best bet. I’ll check my old computer too, I used to keep a backup.